Make sure you are getting enough red light in your spectral diet

The CBC science show had an interesting segment on the health impact of LED lighting and the importance of red light from visible to IR. You can listen to it at this link.

Scroll down to the segment titled

LED lighting is bright, efficient, and perhaps a problem

This part of the segment is the first 10:30 of the 18 minute audio clip. Since we are probably not going back to incandescent lighting, the scientist does offer an alternative that many of us already enjoy.

So, another excuse to buy that “miracle hair growing” hat with the inside lined with red LEDs?

1 Like

Does this mean I should spend more time in the red light districts?

2 Likes

Sorry, I think it’s only in the infra red light districts.

1 Like

Don’t bring a UV light. You will never go back…

2 Likes

wow, it has lasted a whole month on the board. Maybe we are just dating ourselves by possibly being the only two folks that got a chuckle out of it.

wow, it has lasted a whole month on the board. Maybe we are just dating ourselves by possibly being the only two folks that got a chuckle out of it.

My grandfather had a couple of those old railroad lanterns hanging in his garage. Had a vintage scythe too.

Steve

When I went LED I bought the redder warm bulbs. I never liked cool white bulbs or LEDs. Reminds me of a cheap drug store I worked in as a 16 year old.

2 Likes