More big news on the Synaptics acquisition

These are quotes from a Reuters article.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/synaptics-ceo-hopes-bite-apple…

It appears that Synaptics is acquiring the sole supplier of display driver chips to Apple.

…agreeing to buy the sole supplier of display driver chips for the iPhone.

More on the significance of the acquisition:

With the acquisition, Synaptics is also aiming to integrate its touch technology with Renesas SP’s display drivers, which would both improve performance and lower costs. “There is no one else that can do touch display driver integration right now. There is no other competitor,” Feltl analyst Jeffrey Schreiner said.

Synaptics, whose chips are used in Samsung devices such as Galaxy S5 smartphones and Galaxy Note 3 phablets, is also expecting growth from smartphone fingerprint sensors, in which it claims 90 percent of the market after acquiring a company specializing in the technology last year.

We have a really big winner here, it seems.

Saul

6 Likes

Wahoo!

I was looking to buy SYNA yesterday afternoon. Amazingly, I got paged and didn’t get back to the computer till after hours.

Funny how that works.

1 Like

Saul,
You may not remember this, but you encouraged me to take the leap on SYNA back in March over on the RB boards. I was reluctant because it wasn’t covered by any TMF services I subscribed to.
Looking good so far!
Doug

Saul,
You did it again
SYNA up almost 29%
Thank you
Erik

Saul I am up 40% on my syna! thanks

FlyGal, Did you get the answer to your question that I direct mailed to you?

Saul

You may not remember this, but you encouraged me to take the leap on SYNA back in March over on the RB boards. I was reluctant because it wasn’t covered by any TMF services I subscribed to.

Hi Doug,

Glad it’s working out.

Saul

Yes I got your email, thanks Saul