MULE and BL

Saul:
In one of your post you mentioned that MULE and BL were mistakes. Can you explain?
The stocks sold off but the latest quarterly reports from both look very good. What are the reasons for the selloffs? Bigger slowing of growth from BL?
Did you add to your positions or sold some or all? What was your rational for doing so?
These kind of stocks drop big when some thinks there is a sign of slowdown or not meeting expectations which was not the case for MULE or BL (?).

tj

2 Likes

tj,

Go back a few days to post “Kite and the three dwarfs” when he said:

No, since I made that remark I should explain that I was just emphasizing that everything I buy doesn’t go straight up like Kite did. I haven’t sold any Mulesoft, and even added a tiny, tiny bit to my position this week. I reviewed all my notes on it recently, and reread the conference call, and decided that the sell off seemed unwarranted (or at least, overdone), and that I would stay with it for the present.

Saul

1 Like

Go back a few days to post “Kite and the three dwarfs” when he said: …everything I buy doesn’t go straight up like Kite did. I haven’t sold any Mulesoft, and even added a tiny, tiny bit to my position this week. I reviewed all my notes on it recently, and reread the conference call, and decided that the sell off seemed unwarranted (or at least, overdone), and that I would stay with it for the present.

Thanks Penguin, As for BL, they seemed to be having more problems.

Longer sales cycle
No sales closed on their Hub
Customer relations problems
etc.

Saul

3 Likes

Just took a quick look, i.e., less than 3 minutes, the current valuation is 10x sales. Do you think they can really grow into their valuation?