Musk and Twitter

I have a very good following on Twitter. My sister has a good following on Twitter, she left a good following Facebook because of their policies.

Now this…Musk has bought Twitter saying unabridged free speech.

As far as I am concerned he has one shot as saying “absolutely no” not on Twitter. He is old enough to make an editorial decision. If he lapses I am gone. I wont be the only one. This is very much a business decision for Musk.

3 Likes

I wonder if people will be allowed to post negative tweets about Elon Musk. That will be the big test of his commitment to the free-for-all he claims he wants to allow.

3 Likes

This can bankrupt Tesla. There is a growing competition for the EV market. People en mass will go elsewhere.

2 Likes

As of Sunday 10/30, Musk himself is already retweeting psychotic drivel about the attack on Nancy Pelosi’s husband. The world now gets to find out what happens when the two most widely used platforms for forwarding paranoia, slander and hysteria are owned and directly operated by two of the arguably most empathetically disconnected humanoids of any era.

WTH

12 Likes

I deactivated my account, 13k followers. It will be deleted from the system in the next 30 days. My sister is also leave. She owns a Tesla. She is ashamed she owns a Tesla.

4 Likes

Whatever Musk does concerning his new company does not change the automobile. It would appear that for your sister owning a Tesla is not so much about reducing emissions but rather what exactly?

DB2

2 Likes

Now? It is about getting another EV that is not a Tesla.

2 Likes

Given there are other options to reduce emissions with a different EV, it seems the reason is to reduce emissions AND not give money to a deplorable human being.

6 Likes

People are crowding the exits.

1 Like

The car hasn’t changed any, and I doubt she bought said car because she thought Musk was an awesome human being. Social signaling, I guess.

DB2

2 Likes

Interesting insult! All Tesla shareholders, employees, and suppliers are Deplorable!

Way TO GO! We LOVE YOU!

The Captain

4 Likes

I said Musk was deplorable and I stand by that. We had an act of political violence a few days ago. One political party is spreading conspiracy theories about it rather than condemning it. Musk did that as well. Sorry, that’s the very definition of deplorable in my book.

17 Likes

If you have been a Twitter bug, what do you do for your dopamine hit now?

1 Like

“If you have been a Twitter bug, what do you do for your dopamine hit now?”

Attention starved people will find always a reason to be (no matter what) in a place where very often hate/poison are at home.
They almost always end up complaining, but in fact that´s exactly what they´re looking for.
Social interaction with unknown & different people.
Musk is deplorable, posted bjurasz.
But some will still buy a Tesla and post on TWTR.
What about z u c k e r b e r g?
Facebook is still the most used online social network worldwide.
Or Bezos?
Hundreds of milions of people use Amazon worldwide.

Deplorable is a harsh word, but we live in a democracy, don´t we?

Some people will simply disappear from TWTR.
Others will shout it out loud. Very loud!
I leave it to you to judge who is deplorable.

1 Like

Promises promises, I reactivated my account. Musk will be creating a crypto platform. I need to see where this leads.

Still now less likely to own a Tesla. I am not in it to support Musk.

Surely there must be genius at play here - Musk threatening his advertising customers: Keep handing over your dollars to us, or else…

2 Likes

GM can sue Musk if slandered by Musk. The dollar amounts would even make Musk cringe.

2 Likes

I saw this and came here to post it. It absolutely cracked me up. Elon is melting down right before out eyes.

3 Likes

Is extortion legal in Shiny-land now? Must be, as long as the extortioner is a “JC”.

Steve

2 Likes

Which raises the point that not only does Twitter have to retain existing advertisers, it needs to attract new ones as well. If you are sitting on the sideline knowing CEO Elon Dunning-Kruger could have a meltdown and rain thermonuclear terror down on your brand at any moment, does that make you more likely to advertise or less likely?

6 Likes