My portfolio for analysis

I don’t post here, a midget among giants, I just read and watch and learn. But I want to ask of you all this one time to comment on my portfolio. My holdings largest to least.

1. UBNT 15.5%
  2. VALE 14.3%
  3. RIG 13.7%
  4. BMW 13.6
  5. BOX 13%
  6. BLACK ROCK T 12%
  7. AMZA 7.4%
  8. HUB 5.8%
  9. SHOP 3.5%
  10. THO 1.2%
    I can’t articulate or decipher the numbers like most of you but in my own words here is why I own these.

UBNT based on following this board. I like the growth potential and disruptive nature of Peras company and his 70% ownership

VALE cyclical explosion waiting to happen. Pays a nice 4% dividend that was closer to 8% pre downturn and a low 7 PE

RIG Best in class of a severely beaten down group? Savvy management outwits bankrupting peers. Will return to 7% range divvys as offshore recovers. PE 5.5 In my opinion $100 dollar oil quintuples share price in 3 years.

BMS.Bemis company. My employer. Has an incredible track record of steady even handed growth and 34 years of increasing dividends. Nothing flashy it just soldiers on year after year while aquireing smaller players globally

BLX A Latin American bank with a solid 5.62% dividend. Small cap under a million with smaller PE than big banks at 12.3 It should perform and grow well in a central and South American recovery.

1. BLACK ROCK US DEBT T FUND
    The least worst option of horrible choices available in my company 401(k) plan

2. AMZA massive 20% div no more no less

3. HUB based off board input and growth potential.

4. SHOP same as above.

5. TGP what can I say? I oil and gas and low p.e. dividend payers that I believe will have explosive growth in an oil recovery.

I plan to use my dividends to fund new purchases of growth stocks on dips, namely HUB and SHOP. I also have an eye on Talend and Square. I lost a small fortune in chasing FCEL over the years and sold it and VEOEY recently. FCEL due to its crushing blow with the loss of a giant fuel cell project and VEOEY due to its high valuations and a less environmental friendly government.

I would very much appreciate any constructive criticisms and advice on strategy. Thanks, Tim.

13 Likes

Ok just to help Tim and responders to this thread along…

1. UBNT 15.5% - Ubiquiti Networks - $3.92BN market cap
    You all know this one
    Ubiquiti Networks, Inc. develops networking technology for service providers and enterprises worldwide. The company?s service provider product platforms offer carrier-class network infrastructure for fixed wireless broadband, wireless backhaul systems, and routing; and enterprise product platforms provide wireless LAN infrastructure, video surveillance products, switching and routing solutions, and machine-to-machine communication components. Its products and solutions include radios, antennas, software, communications protocols, and management tools designed to deliver carrier and enterprise class wireless broadband access and other services in the unlicensed RF spectrum. The company also provides technology platforms, such as airMAX platform, which includes proprietary protocols that contain technologies for minimizing signal noise; EdgeMAX, a disruptive software and system routing platform; AirFiber, a point-to-point radio system; and sunMAX, an end-to-end plug and play solar solution. In addition, it offers UniFi Enterprise Wi-Fi System that includes Wi-Fi certified hardware with a software based management controller; UniFi Video IP cameras for data transmission and power-over-Ethernet; UniFi Switches that deliver performance, switching, and PoE+ support for enterprise networks; and UniFi Security Gateway that extends the UniFi enterprise solutions to provide routing and network security. Further, the company provides mFi that consists of hardware sensors, power devices, and management software, which allow devices to be monitored and controlled remotely through Wi-Fi; and develops AmpliFi platform, a Wi-Fi system solution designed to serve connected home. It also offers embedded radio products; and mounting brackets, cables, and power Ethernet adapters. The company was formerly known as Pera Networks, Inc. and changed its name to Ubiquiti Networks, Inc. in 2005. Ubiquiti Networks, Inc. was incorporated in 2003 and is headquartered in San Jose, California.

Yeh in it and like it.

1. VALE 14.3% - Vale corp - $43BN market cap
    Vale S.A., together with its subsidiaries, engages in the production and sale of iron ore and iron ore pallets for steelmaking in Brazil and internationally. Its Ferrous Minerals segment produces and extracts iron ore and pellets, manganese, ferroalloys, and others ferrous products and services, as well as engages in the provision of railroad, port, and terminal logistics services. The company?s Coal segment is involved in the extraction of metallurgical and thermal coal; and provision of logistic services. Its Base Metals segment produces and extracts non-ferrous minerals, including nickel and its by-products, such as ferro-nickel, cobalt, gold, silver, copper, precious metals, and others. The company was formerly known as Companhia Vale do Rio Doce and changed its name to Vale S.A. in May 2009. Vale S.A. was founded in 1942 and is headquartered in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

Out and out commodities play with one of the giants. Can’t argue but not mega growth right now with the busted supercycle thesis.

1. RIG 13.7% - Transocean - $3.53BN market cap
    Transocean Ltd., together with its subsidiaries, provides offshore contract drilling services for oil and gas wells worldwide. The company primarily offers deepwater and harsh environment drilling services. As of February 9, 2017, it owned or had partial ownership interests in, and operated 56 mobile offshore drilling units that consist of 30 ultra-deepwater floaters, 7 harsh environment floaters, 3 deepwater floaters, 6 midwater floaters, and 10 high-specification jackups. The company serves government-controlled oil companies and independent oil companies. Transocean Ltd. was founded in 1953 and is based in Vernier, Switzerland.

They are the daddy in the space - but crikey - it isn’t half cyclical and it is possible Electric and onshore Shale and gas has crimped deep see drilling forever. But maybe not and that’s what makes the cycle.

1. BMW 13.6 - (actually BMS) - Bemis Company, Inc - $4.1BN market cap
    Bemis Company, Inc. manufactures and sells packaging products. It operates through two segments, U.S. Packaging and Global Packaging. The company offers multilayer polymer, blown, and cast film structures; and injection molded plastic and folding carton packaging products. Its products are used to produce packaging for food, medical, pharmaceutical, personal care, electronics, and industrial applications. It sells its products through its direct sales force in North America, Latin America, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific. The company was formerly known as Bemis Bro. Bag Company and changed its name to Bemis Company, Inc. in 1965. Bemis Company, Inc. was founded in 1858 and is based in Neenah, Wisconsin.

Could do well if it ties itself to the special high value packaging and internet ecommerce segments.

1. BLX 13% - Box inc - $1.08BN market cap
    Banco Latinoamericano de Comercio Exterior, S.A., a multinational bank, primarily engages in the financing of foreign trade in Latin America and the Caribbean. It operates in two segments, Commercial and Treasury. The company offers short and medium-term bilateral, collateral-backed, short and medium term trade, and pre-export financing structured loans; and discounting of notes, cross-border leasing, pre- and post-export financing, import financing, letters of credit, bank guarantees, documentary collection, irrevocable reimbursement undertakings, bankers’ acceptance, vendor finance, and ECA-backed financing services. It also provides working capital financing solutions, including short and medium-term bilateral loans, collateral-backed bilateral loans, leases, and vendor finance solutions; and medium and long-term syndicated loans, primary market syndication, financing for acquisitions, A/B loans financing with multilateral agencies, bridge loans, and structures for liability management, as well as treasury services, such as term deposit and private placement services. The company was formerly known as Banco Latinoamericano de Exportaciones, S.A. and changed its name to Banco Latinoamericano de Comercio Exterior, S.A. in June 2009. Banco Latinoamericano de Comercio Exterior, S.A. was founded in 1977 and is headquartered in Panama City, the Republic of Panama.

Ok I have heard of this and TMF and a few members have recommended it. I was interested myself - an undervalued banking play in Latin America going through a trade boom, a new Panama canal widening and located in a stable jurisdiction. I went completely off the idea when the Panama papers were published and my jurisdiction thesis went out the window. Trump’s NAFTA and Mexican wall stance doesn’t fill me with confidence in this one.

1. BLACK ROCK T 12% - dunno is this the Blackrock iShares U.S. Treasury Bond ETF - $4BN net assets?

Not sure I can comment on this.

1. AMZA 7.4% - InfraCap MLP ETF - $368Mn net assets
    The investment seeks total return primarily through investments in equity securities of publicly traded master limited partnerships and limited liability companies taxed as partnerships (“MLPs”). Under normal market conditions, the fund will invest not less than 80% of its assets in equity securities of MLPs in the energy infrastructure sector. It is non-diversified.

Buyandwin will love this one. I can understand how it is 20% yield now - infrastructure seems to have gone off the boil with the Trump policy programme slowdown.

1. HUBS 5.8% - HubSpot - $2.73BN market cap
    You know this one too…
    HubSpot, Inc. provides a cloud-based marketing and sales software platform for businesses in the Americas, Europe, and the Asia Pacific. Its software platform includes integrated applications, such as social media, search engine optimization, blogging, Website content management, marketing automation, email, CRM, analytics, and reporting that enables businesses to attract visitors to their Websites, convert visitors into leads, and close leads into customers and delight customers. The company also offers professional, and phone and email-based support services. HubSpot, Inc. was founded in 2005 and is headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts.

I like these guys and hold myself but be very careful with online marketing - remember FUEL? If it turns against them they are dead.

1. SHOP 3.5% - Shopify - $9.8BN market cap
    You definitely know this one…
    Shopify Inc. provides a cloud-based multi-channel commerce platform for small and medium-sized businesses in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, and internationally. Its platform provides merchants with a single view of their business and customers in various sales channels, including Web and mobile storefronts, physical retail locations, social media storefronts, and marketplaces; and enables them to manage products and inventory, process orders and payments, ship orders, build customer relationships, and leverage analytics and reporting. The company was formerly known as Jaded Pixel Technologies Inc. and changed its name to Shopify Inc. in November 2011. Shopify Inc. was founded in 2004 and is headquartered in Ottawa, Canada.

Yep nice choice - I hold myself.

1. TGP 1.2% - Teekay LNG Partners (unless you meant THO as in Thor Industries)
    Teekay LNG Partners L.P. provides marine transportation services for liquefied natural gas (LNG), liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), and crude oil worldwide. The company operates through two segments, Liquefied Gas and Conventional Tanker. It transports liquid petroleum gases, including propane, butane, and ethane; petrochemical gases, such as ethylene, propylene, and butadiene; and ammonia. As of April 03, 2017, it had a fleet of 50 LNG carriers, 28 LPG/multigas carriers, and 5 conventional tankers. Teekay GP L.L.C. serves as the general partner of the company. Teekay LNG Partners L.P. was founded in 2004 and is based in Hamilton, Bermuda.

I rate these guys - they are class in their industry. Depending on when you got in you will have done very well or very badly. This is dramatically cyclical though. It isn’t really tied to oil recovery as much as maybe shipping recovery. You should reach out to Hohum on the shipping board http://discussion.fool.com/shipping-news-118485.aspx?mid=3265486… for help on this. LNG should do better than oil and coal. The only downside is price of gas which used to mirror oil now trades at a discount to oil.

Cheers
Ant

14 Likes

Crikey! And thank you for correcting exposing and generally better informing others on my own port lol!

UBNT you all know and is from my exposure only because its m6 largest position and I would like cash to fill in .y smaller spots or add a new ticker

VALE is a giant iron ore play that seems beneath all radar. MF has like 32 posts o n it’s whole VALE board even tho it is a 42 million dollar company

RIG is aka transocean offshore I like that it will be a last player sta ding in deepwater but it’s real pop pop potential lies in geo politics. Hard for ISIS or any other terror group to get offshore and disrupt supply. A lack Sean event could catapult them term dously

Crikey! And thank you for correcting exposing and generally better informing others on my own port lol!

UBNT you all know and is from my exposure only because its m6 largest position and I would like cash to fill in .y smaller spots or add a new ticker

VALE is a giant iron ore play that seems beneath all radar. MF has like 32 posts o n it’s whole VALE board even tho it is a 42 million dollar company

RIG is aka transocean offshore I like that it will be a last player sta ding in deepwater but it’s real pop pop potential lies in geo politics. Hard for ISIS or any other terror group to get offshore and disrupt supply. A lack Sean event could catapult them tremendously

BMS DAMN SPELL CHECK IS indeed Bemis a large plastics packaging company that does well in good times and better in hard times when people eat more at home.

AMZA indeed mlp energy play in oil field services that should do well in any energy recovery especially shale fields but traditional wells also.

TGP Teekay partners a LPG transport company

The oil fields in all their many company and production forms have been neglected for years I believe. And in all their forms once money starts to flow there is great potential.