New Zealand bans smoking from next generation

Remember: Smoking is a personal choice. Quitting smoking, on the other hand, is a CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY! This is a public service message from the tobacco industry!

:slight_smile:

I remember the “news”, decades ago, reporting on an anti-smoking push by the government. They talked to a tobacco farmer who wailed that big gummit was “trying to destroy his way of life”.

Steve

New Zealand could have banned tobacco use outright, not unlike Prohibition in the US. However, I suspect they were aware of the hazards of prohibition and so are easing into it. Sort of ‘Prohibition Light’ one year at a time. Of course there will be leakage, but the government is hoping for the best.

DB2

DB2

2 Likes

Could have sworn I posted about that, along with a question whether the tax cuts would benefit the “JCs”, as they usually do in the US, funded by the taxes Proles pay on their smokes.

Steve

1 Like

Any bets they did NOT include a significant cost increase in national healthcare going forward? Choices have consequences. But only if THEY have to pay (be responsible) for it.

1 Like