The Model Y now has some serious competition in the China SUV market. By the way, the 150kWh ultralong battery can be bought as BaaS (Battery as a Service) lowering the price of the car (without subsidies)to $51,800. This thing is filled with features and benefits which make it as appetizing as a $F 150 EV Lightning. Orders start now. Deliveries begin in August. Earnings next week.
Electrek headline: NIO finally launches its ES7 SUV with 578-mile range and vehicle-to-load capabilities
- Jun. 15th 2022 1:55 pm
NIO shared details of the ES7 in a press release following its online event held from China. The new SUV is the first to use NIO’s NT 2.0 Platform and the first to demonstrate the automaker’s “Design for AD” ethos.
The ES7’s exterior features a Shark Nose front fascia, distinct wheel arches, and “AirWing” taillights. We also learned some of the ES7 SUV’s performance specs:
- Second-generation high-efficiency e-drive platform with the SiC power module
- 0 to 100km/h (0-62 mph) acceleration in 3.9 seconds
- 100 to 0km/h braking within 33.9 meters
- Air suspension standard on all ES7 variations
- Drag coefficient as low as 0.263
- Range estimates (CLTC)
- 75 kWh Standard Range Battery – 485 km (301 miles)
- 150 kWh Ultralong Range Battery – 930 km (578 miles)
- Additionally, the ES7 will arrive as one of the first certified passenger vehicles in China with the ability to tow a caravan or a trailer. The electric tow bar (optional add-on) has a maximum towing capacity of 2,000 kg (4,440 lb). Not only can the ES7 SUV supply power to towed equipment, but it can also support vehicle-to-load (V2L) discharging and “Camping Mode” to power outside devices.