No happy meal for you!

Had to double check the date, make sure it wasn’t dated the first.

And yet, the Mickey D’s around me are always busier than the other fast food stores. Think their stealth liquidation and negative equity caught up with them? Unlike Boeing, MCD actually does book profits.

2 Likes

I can’t remember the last time I was in a McDonalds. We drove from Indiana to Glacier NP and back in 2016. It wouldn’t surprise me if we made a restroom stop at a McDonalds. I pay a toilet tax when we use a store’s restrooms. At McDonald’s I probably would have bought some fries. The last time that I am sure my wife and I ate at any fast food place was 2012. We were driving my mon-in-law back from her granddaughter’s, our niece’s, wedding and she wanted to stop at Wendy’s.

3 Likes

FWIW, MCD closed at an all-time high today, so they appear to be doing something right.

DB2

2 Likes

Stocks tend to go up when management announces big job cuts. Mr Market seems to think that all employees are nothing but a cost to be eliminated, so the more that are tossed, the higher profits will be.

Steve

1 Like

It is more than the current layoffs. MCD has tripled over the past eight years.

There are always cases where downsizing is appropriate. Is this one of them? I don’t know. The unemployment rate is quite low, so hopefully those laid off can find more productive roles in the economy.

By the way, Twitter seems to be moving ahead with only half the employees it had a year ago.

DB2

1 Like

Seriously? It’s worth less than half of what it was 6 months ago. Its outages are up 1000%, its revenue down by almost half. Hundreds of thousands have left the platform, and the “verified” blue check now means nothing. It is being swamped by hate speech and misinformation, and you think “it’s moving ahead”? Ahead to where? The town dump?

5 Likes

Since it is privately held, how do we know what it is worth?

DB2

2 Likes

Well, there is the owner’s valuation, which is less than 1/2 what he paid:

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/26/technology/elon-musk-twitter-value.html#:~:text=The%20billionaire%20bought%20the%20social,October%20and%20took%20it%20private.

Pete

3 Likes

Welchian “creating shareholder value”.

Balance sheet from Q4. In addition to equity falling farther into negative territory, the number of shares outstanding dropped from 751.6m to 736.0m Stealth liquidation of the company. It’s so stupid, because the company has a great business going, but Welchian “values” are all about making the current CEO richer, not about securing the future of the company for those who come after.

3 Likes

It has been the town dump for years.

1 Like

A glorified version of 4chan or 8kun.

1 Like