NPI board?

I’ve heard people here refer to an NPI board, it must be an acronym and not a ticker symbol based on my search results. Sorry for the naive question but I couldn’t find the board.

1 Like

NPI = New Paradigm Investing

Here is a link to the board:
http://discussion.fool.com/new-paradigm-investing-114933.aspx

1 Like

http://discussion.fool.com/new-paradigm-investing-114933.aspx?mi…

Be warned, unlike Saul’s board that is properly governed by Saul and more constrained in topics, which makes Saul’s board great, NPI is much more wide open from politics, to Apple product reviews, to awesome stock analysis. If you want the latter you gotta put up with the former, or put some posters on ignore. We have no real rules other than stretching the rules that the Fool will allow. Kind of like the wild west.

The track record on NPI is phenomenal and we tend to analyze stocks in a different manner than is done on Saul’s board. We do cross over quite a bit in the stocks we are interested in.

Tinker

8 Likes

Thanks Tinker and Volfan!

Be warned, unlike Saul’s board that is properly governed by Saul and more constrained in topics, which makes Saul’s board great, NPI is much more wide open from politics, to Apple product reviews, to awesome stock analysis. If you want the latter you gotta put up with the former, or put some posters on ignore. We have no real rules other than stretching the rules that the Fool will allow. Kind of like the wild west.

The track record on NPI is phenomenal and we tend to analyze stocks in a different manner than is done on Saul’s board. We do cross over quite a bit in the stocks we are interested in.

That a very fair and honest assessment of NPI. Tons of “left” versus “right” flinging… interspersed with brilliant insight on investments. I ignore several threads… read past some of the emotions… and find some brilliant investment thought in there as well.

M

3 Likes

It’s not worth it.

16 Likes

It’s not worth it.

It is definitely much easier to lurk for free and just adopt stock/investing ideas as your own and offer no contributions, here on Saul’s board.

On NPI you have to wade thru the muck a bit.

The nerve of those guys.

Dreamer

5 Likes

Good question, Caps4Growth. I will just throw in my 2 cents and say that I like Saul’s board a lot and I like New Paradigm Investing a lot. Both places have interesting, in-depth discussions about some of the best, fastest-growing companies out there. I think both places are worth checking out, and you may find you prefer one or the other, or better, both boards!

Have fun with it,
Karen

5 Likes

Each one is a good screen for the other in some ways.

Some don’t like the political screeds on NPI, I find it helps me to know what the scroundrels that don’t agree with my enlightened views are thinking.

Both reflect very limited, high growth projected portfolios and have good ideas for addition to holdings with greater breadth.

The thinking is often crisp and well expressed.

5 Likes

It’s not worth it.

You should see it the last few days, refreshingly on topic with only nominal snark at most. Pleasant.

1 Like

It’s not worth it.

Could not disagree more. It is not for the faint hearted, that is for sure. But it’s a great board, as is this. Just for different reasons.

You have to wade through some topics that you may not like, or do as some do, and use them for entertainment purposes.

A bit more bare-knuckled, but the open dichotomy of views is a real strength.

Cosmid

6 Likes