On subscribing to the Fool

I’ve often pointed out how valuable it is to have a MF subscription, and I’ve pointed out how the Fool getting me into Shopify easily paid for 100 years of subscriptions (I exited with a quadruple on my initial price).

Well the Fool just announced Tom Gardner’s top three picks for 2020, and two out of the three are among the eight stocks in my portfolio, which is an amazing overlap! I can’t tell you which ones because it’s from a paid service, but if you have a MF subscription, you know already.:grinning:

Best,

Saul

64 Likes

Only 2 of 3 … :strawberry::strawberry::apple:

Losing your “touch”? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Agreed! I just renewed for my fourth year. I can easily say I’m ahead by several hundred thousands of dollars in my account because of the subscription and all its services and benefits, like forums like this one right here. And yes, I’m looking to up the position I have in one of those names, and add in that other name. Heck, might just do all three. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Of course, the flip side is that we got 2 of the 3 from Saul and didn’t have to pay for it.

8 Likes

I am a subscriber and did not see his top three picks. Could someone share the link?
Many Thanks~
jille
ardent lurker…

2 Likes

I am an avid subscriber to a a number of TMF services and have been introduced to quite a few winners that have certainly paid for the services many times over. I own all three of the companies mentioned to Tom’s Top 3 and can add that; Company A is a 3.5X since Jan. '18, Company B is a 5.9X since Jan. '18 and Company C is a 0.82X since March '18.

What I like about Saul’s board is that I am not only introduced to strategies on how to vet quality companies, but the discussion of certain companies on Saul’s board results in a deeper and more aggressive analysis of some TMF recommendations when there is overlap.

9 Likes

Thanks, SAUL…WE OWE THE MOTLEY FOOL for being here with you.
I have used THE FOOL,PROBABLY SINCE ITS BEGINNING. THEY HAD VERY USEFUL CHAT ROOMS BACK THEN.
I take their Stock Advisor, now.
STJ

3 Likes

Of course, the flip side is that we got 2 of the 3 from Saul and didn’t have to pay for it.

Good grief! Some one has to pay for it…without financially supporting the FOOL…there is no Saul’s board for pete sake.

Come on people…how do you not support the FOOL with all that it has given you with this very platform??

I use RB…it has identified many of your stocks well before the first post on Saul’s……TTD and MDB are just a couple examples.

I also use our Slack board but I will continue to support the FOOL…because it is about the platform and all that it has provided.

Best:
Duma

117 Likes

If you’re a Stock Advisor subscriber, check your email from early this morning. I cannot comment if it was part of any other subscriptions as SA and RB are the only ones I subscribe to.

It was kindly pointed out to me and then I located it in my own deleted items folder.

1 Like

Hear hear, Duma! Preach brother. It’s downright immoral to take from this blessed company and not kick in the relative pittance of a sub.

27 Likes

I have subscribed to various MF newsletters for a decade. That guidance, along with what I get to read and laugh about on this board have made my investing decisions way better. Thank all of you and the Motley Fool for all of your help and knowledge! I am always waiting for the down-turns in the market just to get on this board and giggle at the negative comments as I wait patiently for everything to head the normal direction.

rj

4 Likes

Hydemarsh, you can’t do that. That is giving away the recommendations. You know better than that and you are endangering our board.
Saul

9 Likes

" … didn’t have to pay for it"

I subscribe to SA and have received many times the value in good advice. It is worth it, even with some of the “rode to the bottom” losses. But even if only to subsidize this board where you get the advice of folks like Saul and other hard-driving investors with proven track records, PLEASE SUBSCRIBE. If ever the TMF people decide to scrutinize the boards, I want them to be happy with what they see here.

19 Likes

If I can’t find out how much it costs on the website, how can I subscribe?
LD

Link to premium TMF services:

https://www.fool.com/services/

3 Likes

Thanks qc.

I’m sure many if not all of you view it the same way I do - whether I need the SA/RB subs or not, I’m gladly paying for them as long as this forum exists and probably forever, period. Let’s send a strong message of support to our gracious hosts! Thanks Saul.

33 Likes

Lucky Dog, something about your phrasing makes me wonder if you think there is a subscription to TMF itself. There isn’t. Free boards are just that, free. But, TMF offer a whole list of premium services. Two of the more popular are Stock Advisor and Rule Breakers. If one subscribes to one of these premium services, one gets several things one does not get without such subscription. These include:

1. E-mails about recommendations relevant to that particular service, which can be buy this, sell this, best buys now, or more general commentary.

2. Web site presentations of a similar flavor, often pointed to by the e-mails.

3. Boards specific to that service appropriate to the theory of that service.

4. “Premium” boards which one must subscribe to one of the relevant services, but which might be shared by multiple services. The premium Tesla board, for example, is one such.

To me, one of the most valuable aspects of the premium services is the boards it gives one access to.

Incidentally, I recommend that you google"

site:discussion.fool.com discount “name of premium service”

to find deals on the subscriptions. While most of the subscription fees are quite modest and easily worth while in terms of return on investment, many of us are still happy to get a discount on any fixed costs. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I did a quick Google search on Fool sale price or something like that.

This link came up.

https://www.offers.com/the-motley-fool/

I’m all about saving money and that link shows prices at half off.

Fool on,

mazske

6 Likes

If ever the TMF people decide to scrutinize the boards, I want them to be happy with what they see here.

If?

I can assure you this board is not operating in the dark and the TMF people are well aware of the goings on here.

Jeb

9 Likes