As a beta user I will now be able to use ChatGPT 4.0 via the internet.
My experience with ChatGPT via Bing has been uninspiring, but ChatGPT still seems fascinating.
I believe that this is just getting started. While the traffic that Large Language Models generates is now small compared to the training data in the data lakes used to train them, it is growing fast. Just understanding what a “prompt” is and how it can be iterated will help keep up to date on the lingo that is being created. What I find especially interesting is the practice of using large language models the create prompts for other AI. This is happening particularly with Mid Journey an AI that creates synthetic art. However, I expect that soon this will have many other applications just like pornography drove development in the early web, I expect that some synthetic form of that will drive the development of Large Language Models.
Web browsing and Plugins are now rolling out in beta (May 12)
If you are a ChatGPT Plus user, enjoy early access to experimental new features, which may change during development. We’ll be making these features accessible via a new beta panel in your settings, which is rolling out to all Plus users over the course of the next week.
Once the beta panel rolls out to you, you’ll be able to try two new features:
Web browsing: Try a new version of ChatGPT that knows when and how to browse the internet to answer questions about recent topics and events.
Plugins: Try a new version of ChatGPT that knows when and how to use third-party plugins that you enable.
To use third-party plugins, follow these instructions:
Navigate to https://chat.openai.com/
Select “Plugins” from the model switcher
In the “Plugins” dropdown, click “Plugin Store” to install and enable new plugins
To enable beta features:
Click on ‘Profile & Settings’
Select ‘Beta features’
Toggle on the features you’d like to try
For more information on our rollout process, please check out the article here.
If you are not playing with ChatGPT now, I recommend it.
Rather than write a bunch of detailed instructions, I prompted ChatGPT and here are the replies.
The link to the OpenAI website is https://openai.com/. From there, you can explore the various products and research initiatives offered by OpenAI, including Chat GPT.
Sure, I’d be happy to help you get started with using Chat GPT! Here are some detailed instructions for a newbie:
- Access the Chat GPT Interface: To begin, go to the OpenAI website and click on the “Chat” button in the top navigation menu. This will take you to the Chat GPT interface.
- Create an Account: If you don’t already have an OpenAI account, you will need to create one in order to use Chat GPT. Click on the “Sign up” button in the top right corner of the page and follow the prompts to create your account.
- Choose a Model: There are several different Chat GPT models to choose from, each with varying levels of complexity and functionality. You can select the model you want to use from the drop-down menu at the top of the interface.
- Enter Your Prompt: Once you have chosen your model, you can enter your prompt in the text box provided. This is the message or question you want to send to the model.
- Receive the Response: After you have entered your prompt, the Chat GPT model will generate a response based on its machine learning algorithms. You can view the response in the chat window on the right-hand side of the interface.
- Continue the Conversation: You can continue the conversation by entering additional prompts and receiving responses from the Chat GPT model. You can also adjust the model’s settings and parameters by clicking on the “Settings” button in the top right corner of the interface.
- Practice and Experiment: As with any tool or software, practice makes perfect. Experiment with different prompts, models, and settings to see how Chat GPT responds. Over time, you will become more familiar with the platform and its capabilities.
I hope these instructions help you get started with using Chat GPT! If you have any additional questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask.
Chat & Qazulight