OT: Emergency room

Uncontrolled jibe. 6 centimeter gash, top head. Awesome sailing day ended.

Urgent care wouldn’t touch me do to the head injury.

Waiting for results of CT scan before stitches.

Busy, not too busy. Been here about an hour. One lady has been in a chair for eight hours so everything isn’t peaches and cream.

Still, we don’t have a mass shooting or anything.

Cheers
Qazulight

4 Likes

ready about hard alee?

Uncontrolled jibe. 6 centimeter gash, top head. Awesome sailing day ended.

Bicycle Helmet needed?

We always wore a helmet in the back of the aircraft, never knew when the pilot would think he saw a pipe and crank over into a tactical descent. The Sonar ops had special Binaural helmets so they could get radio and intercom in one ear and dedicated sonar/audio in the other.

Tim

1 Like

Feel better!

IP

12 staples, 5 stitches.

Nasty.

Cheers
Qazulight

4 Likes

Helmsman can’t hold a heading to save his life.

Unexpected jibe.

Shaking head.

Cheers
Qazulight

CT scan is clear.

Cheers
Qazulight

4 Likes

CT scan is clear.

So you’re saying they scanned your head and found nothing?

:wink:

4 Likes

They refered to me as “Scarecrow”

1 Like

Congratulations on passing the Cat Scan exam.

Be well. Heal quickly.

I too have a new head gash. Walked into the stub of a tree limb while running my weed wacker. Ouch. Bled a bit. But mostly damaged my pride. I was looking down when I should have been looking up.

And its hard to hide. Everyone will want to know what happened.

Two weeks ago walked into the support iron from my AC compressor. Also running weed wacker.

Hard hat sounds like a good idea.

2 Likes

Many years ago, WeCo job was to remove some dead 4/0 power cables about 12-14 feet up on really old loaded up cable racks… So invincible me, reach up from the top of a double;e sided oak rolling ladder…It locks down, so that didn’t bother me, but the problem was the spring loaded ratcheting cable cutters of the day… I could;d open them but not quite get the cable in the cutting jaws… So I jam the other handle into the ceiling, reach for the cable, the jammed handle slips, aches into my head at the hairline… More then… Nearly knocked me out, but I held onto the cutters and the cable rack, made it down the ladder… Bleeding a lot… Should have had a helmet, but, typically we were invincible, also should have had a taller ladder, a helper, but… So then I see I’bleeding a bit… Boss wanted to take me to the Doc, I waved that off, put on a bandaid, let it heal… But to this day, I have a inch long dent in my forehead, so it did bash the skull… I doubt they would have done anything more than what I did, but… Safety First!m I realized after if it had knocked me out, it was a long way to the floor… Hard old concrete floor!

Survived, tho, memorable, yes, indeed…

1 Like

<Helmsman can’t hold a heading to save his life.>

Who was the helmsman?

Sorry to hear about your misadventure. I’m glad the CT scan was clear. I hope you feel better soon!

If you were a gal I would send an extra-warm hug. {{{Qaz}}}

Wendy

1 Like

Gosh, Paul, is it open season on METARs?

I hope you feel better soon.
Wendy

1 Like

On the contrary, sounds like that were whacker is dangerous.

Jk

Who was the helmsman?

The boat owner. He just cannot mind and heading and wind direction at the same time. I am not sure he has the ability.

I will not sail with him again. I like the guy, I like the boat, I like sailing, and bad things can happen on any boat, but he has demonstrated that he simply cannot hold a heading.

Cheers
Qazulight

1 Like

Helmsman can’t hold a heading to save his life.

Unexpected jibe.

Shaking head.

Cheers
Qazulight

At least you were not knocked over the gunnels into shark infested waters, that’s some upside.

Get better, Q.

You will have to order a t-shirt from this Key West bar now. Walk in there. Show your t-shirt and new scar, tell Casey the owner I sent you. You’ll get the local’s discount everytime you visit thereafter.

https://tattoosandscarssaloon.com/

Tattoos and Scars - “Because every relationship ends in one or another.”*

(Stolen from David Allen Coe who lived for a while in Key West until it consumed him like it has chewed up so many others.)

2 Likes

“Hard hat sounds like a good idea.”

My hiking buddies are threatening to give me a hard hat for my hiking ventures.

Did not post about it here, but recently executed a near-perfect face plant after tripping over a root - 6 stitches, one new crown on broken front tooth, slightly crooked smile and one mucocele they may have to excise.

Hard to blame anybody but me for tripping over a perfectly visible tree root.

2 Likes

Hard to blame anybody but me for tripping over a perfectly visible tree root.

There’s only so many places you can look at one time. I’ve often thought hiking could be a perfect form of exercise if it were not for the gorgeous views. Hiking without views may as well be a treadmill.

IP,
not one to look down at her feet either

Having had dogs for a long time and having a big back yard, it became a habit to look down while I walked….every time I didn’t, I got a nice smelly reminder to keep my eyes on area I was walking in, works well with driving too……to avoid cars, people, animals…the unexpected.

Now people walk/hike while texting.

The Captain

1 Like