OT? Natural Gas Companies Worth a Look?

Many have stated their disgust, or at a minimum, their distrust of Goldman Sachs. No one can argue that they don’t pull America’s economic strings to their own profit.
How many of you know what they have been doing while the falling price of oil has been slowly decimating all the small oil companies in the US for the last 2 years?

Goldman Sachs has quietly overtaken Chevron and ExxonMobil to become one of the biggest natural gas merchants in North America …

https://next.ft.com/content/a9e67824-1846-11e6-bb7d-ee563a5a…

I have been following the last few months the oil/gas industry as my time allows and have done well with some near bankrupt recovery stocks which obviously are NOT for discussion on this board. I’ve learned how the companies have been basically shutting down their rigs, capping wells, but improving their efficiency in order to survive. Most will do very well if there is a recovery in commodity prices.

What brought me to raise this for discussion is the fact that Natural Gas prices have risen 60% in the last 3 months! Amazing how GS has been so lucky to time this perfectly. I thought someone out there might have some experience or thoughts on the topic that might help those of us inclined to profit along with GS. I really started this post thinking that these companies have been downsizing for 2 years, and that now may be the point they are starting a high growth cycle.

8 Likes