OT: Rings of Power

I’m a great fan of “The Lord of the Rings,” by J.R.R. Tolkein. I watched “Rings of Power” on Prime TV and enjoyed it. Not wildly, but it was enjoyable enough to keep watching.

The Wall Street Journal reported that the budget to make the show, coupled with the fee to acquire the rights from the Tolkien estate, was about $715 million.

GASP!!

Imagine what Professor Tolkein would say about that!!!
Wendy

P.S. I decided to not watch the dragons because that show is too violent for my taste.

4 Likes

I’m a great fan of “The Lord of the Rings,” by J.R.R. Tolkein. I watched “Rings of Power” on Prime TV and enjoyed it. Not wildly, but it was enjoyable enough to keep watching.

Huge Hobbit/LOTR fan here. Looking forward to seeing this interpretation. I think Jackson did a nice job, but not perfect.

P.S. I decided to not watch the dragons because that show is too violent for my taste.

Then I highly recommend you skip the John Wick movies. :slight_smile:

AW

Watched the first 2 episodes. Not crazy about episode 1, but episode 2 got a little better. I’ll keep going, if for no other reason than to confirm my 100% feeling about who the “giant” is.

I liked the Galadriel character. Elrond, not so much.

Needed to keep my remote in hand because they cranked the volume up to 11 so often.

AW

2 Likes

Imagine what Professor Tolkein would say about that!!!

I think he would disagree with the interpretation of his work. I was looking forward to the series too but after reading some reviews, decided they strayed too far from the original.

JLC

1 Like