OT: wishful thinking

Waiting for at least another correction (and confidence) from the current Russian/Ukraine war, inflation, and rising interest rates to jump in with some cash.

Market indices are not providing enough direction at this time.
My feelings are mostly pessimistic (Risk-Off) and expect more downside to come.

Currently YTD holding 10 ETF’s with Commodity related values of about 40%. This has created a positive return more or less with commodity related up when general Equity down and vice versa.

But commodities are A higher risk investment and could blow up if government ever gets its act together.

GD_

2 Likes

Waiting for at least another correction (and confidence) from… (insert current nation and/or world crisis here)

I learned a long time ago, events come and events go, I just bought/rebalanced once a month without too much thought of what was going on in the world. Sometimes it was hard, especially in 2008/9 but those were some of my best buys.

You pick some of the best times to buy and some of the worst times to buy. It evens out over time.

JLC

8 Likes

I learned a long time ago, events come and events go, I just bought/rebalanced once a month without too much thought of what was going on in the world. Sometimes it was hard, especially in 2008/9 but those were some of my best buys.

That may be true. What is happening now is different in that the solutions taken this time are making thing worse not better. This could end in a total melt down.

GD_

I’m with you on the below. The technical indicators have turned trendless, bottoming at best. I believe we’ve hit a cyclical bear inside a secular bull, not a long term bear. Trend followers can get caught in whipsaws in what may be developing for the next few months. For my part I’m staying on the sidelines until intermediate MAs and other items flip back to the upside with some conviction.
And finding, hopefully, some high quality beaten-down growth names and some attractive preferreds.

Market indices are not providing enough direction at this time.
My feelings are mostly pessimistic (Risk-Off) and expect more downside to come.

FC

2 Likes