Perfusion transplant technology in Times

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/02/health/organ-transplants-perfusion.html

There is brief and incomplete mention of Rep. Gosar’s letter, but no mention of Transmedic’s takedown reply.

Long tmdx

9 Likes

The sad reality is objective journalism is a contradiction in terms. Figure out what you want people to believe and then find evidence to support that slant. Kind of like pump and dump investment advisors.

1 Like

Does that apply to what you write also?

Andy

2 Likes

It is a tendency that we all, including me, need to be cognizant of. It’s for you to decide whether it applies to what I write. It’s not my intention, certainly. But if I do perchance, I have not held myself out as an objective source.
Since you asked, how about your objectivity, does it apply to your stuff?

Vince

7 Likes

Yes it does. I have been very excited about an investment that has flopped tremendously. It all sounded logical and exciting to only fail. That is investing though. But I do think most journalists, and we are talking the profession of journalism, try to be objective. Do not confuse journalism for opinion pieces.

Andy

1 Like

We’re getting far afield here, but that was not an opinion piece. It presented one side of the story and I have learned that you’re never confused if you hear one side of the story.

Vince

7 Likes