Poll: What percent stocks R in your port?

In your investment portfolio, what percentage of your risk assets are held in the form of equities or equity-index linked assets (individual stocks, ETFs, ETNs, mutual funds, or closed-end funds)?

• 0% to 24.99%
  • 25% to 49.99%
  • 50% to 74.99%
  • 75% to 100%
  • The only risky assets I have are in my pants.

0 voters

Note,

I said zero but that is misleading because sometime next year it will be 90 to 95% and the difference in cash.

1 Like

Just now a little over 100%.

The Captain

2 Likes

About 6%, and that is all in a REIT I acquired through a complex sequence of 1031 exchanges starting with bare land exchanged for TIC fraction of a Hollywood skyscraper exchanged for a REIT. The REIT pays solid reliable (so far but still looking good) dividend, and I fund my charitable giving by giving my DAF a portion of that REIT every other year. It will be all gone when I am around 97.

david fb

1 Like

I think that there is a big difference between having 76% and having 100% in stocks.
Yet these are in the same group. I realize that you only get 5 choices (or 4 plus pants).

Mike

2 Likes

My cash percentage has risen from 33 percent to about 38 percent because my equity prices have fallen. I am still in ‘the sky is falling’ camp at this point.

1 Like

Does this mean you have bought on margin or bought options?

Does this mean you have bought on margin or bought options?

I don’t buy options, that’s gambling! The odds are in favor of the house, the call option sellers.

I bought shares on margin to add to the income part of the portfolio, the shares I use to sell covered calls. The end of day margin never exceeded 5% of the port value. Since May 13 the calls have generated around 8 months of my ordinary expenses and have paid down 75% of the margin. As of today the margin stands at just 1.1% of the port value.

The Captain
gets nervous at 5% margin!
more of a good thing is not always a good thing

1 Like