Quick rant - Repost from 11/4/2021

Headnote
It’s been a year. And the help from the posters here has been immeasurable. I want to keep my original posting of the events of that time available - mainly for selfish, personal reasons. But also to tell my story. So I’m going to repost a few threads from the old boards.

This is partly a memorial and partly a tribute to those who helped me though probably the hardest couple of weeks of my life. So pretty please treat it as such. I don’t need further condolences - the time for that has passed. But I also don’t want to forget these events. Hence, the reposting to hopefully keep these writings for posterity.

There is no reason to respond, although further responses are welcome. My only request is that you read through all of these reposts before responding to any of them. Lots of questions were answered, some in the thread and some in later threads. I’m not sure how many there will be, but there will be several.

There are also several side issues brought up. I’m leaving those in place as originally posted. If you want to discuss one of those side issues, I’d ask that you please start a new thread.

Author: ptheland

Subject: Quick rant

Date: 11/4/2021 3:37 PM

No. of Recommendations: 4

When someone from the hospital calls about your scheduled visit and says they’re your “concierge representative” for your stay, they really mean they are from collections and want you to pay your estimated bill before you arrive.

–Peter

Author: sheila727

Date: 11/4/2021 3:49 PM

No. of Recommendations: 0

they really mean they are from collections and want you to pay your estimated bill before you arrive.

That is downright…disgusting! Did you tell her/them/it to f*ck off?

=sheila

Author: ptheland

Date: 11/4/2021 6:09 PM

No. of Recommendations: 1

That is downright…disgusting! Did you tell her/them/it to fck off?*

No. Because they will likely return the favor and tell me to get my quasi-elective surgery elsewhere.

On the other hand, the conversation certainly went downhill at that point.

—Peter

Author: Howie52

Date: 11/5/2021 5:52 PM

No. of Recommendations: 2

"When someone from the hospital calls about your scheduled visit and says they’re your “concierge representative” for your stay, they really mean they are from collections and want you to pay your estimated bill before you arrive.

–Peter "

Did you ask them if it was OK to post the prices they were charging to all the various newspapers,
social media outlets and competitor hospitals?

Howie52
Concierge representatives tend to hate those questions.