Run MacOS Ventura on older Macs with OpenCore!

1 Like

How is that done? Thx

From the article:

"If you’re interested in installing and running macOS Ventura on unsupported Mac hardware, you’ll want to download the OpenCore Legacy Patcher application, and read through the guide on the OpenCore projects github page:

Essentially you will download and patch an installer application that is modified to install and run MacOS Ventura on Mac hardware that is not part of the official supported Mac list."

But this is a “use at your own risk” sort of thing, that is not sanctioned by Apple. There is a support group on Discord though to help out if necessary. So, if one has an old Mac that Apple no longer provides OS updates for, and you really need or want the latest Mac OS, OpenCore could be just what you’re looking for.

1 Like

Just curious- am fine with OS on older MBPro - not taking a chance at this point. Thx for info

| g0177325
February 18 |

• | - |

From the article:

"If you’re interested in installing and running macOS Ventura on unsupported Mac hardware, you’ll want to download the OpenCore Legacy Patcher application, and read through the guide on the OpenCore projects github page:

Essentially you will download and patch an installer application that is modified to install and run MacOS Ventura on Mac hardware that is not part of the official supported Mac list."

But this is a “use at your own risk” sort of thing, that is not sanctioned by Apple. There is a support group on Discord though to help out if necessary. So, if one has an old Mac that Apple no longer provides OS updates for, and you really need or want the latest Mac OS, OpenCore could be just what you’re looking for.

There is a Facebook Group that has homed in on making the older Macs able to move on up to later OS versions, interesting to read, follow, but I’m not gambling all my data, efforts, on a dicey OS, some versions you don’t see the boot screens, some do, depends on the graphics cards, and then there are wifi or other software issues, so it all takes more tending than I need… So Mojave is my 2012 Mac Pro’s limit…

Next move seems to be a Mini, 2 Tb SSD, 16 or 32 Gb of Ram… Not much gained by going to a Studio… I already have a decent, 32" Dell monitor… Just sorting out when my CFO (DW) releases me to fill the order…

weco

2 Likes