Another win for Samsara (IOT).
The short report doesn’t seem to trouble the people actually deciding to use Samsara’s solutions. I have a 10.5% position.
The City of Houston, the fourth most populous city in the nation, is one such customer that chose to digitize its operations with Samsara’s Connected Operations Cloud. The Houston Public Works department is responsible for important constituent services like the operations and maintenance of streets, the production and distribution of water, among others. The City leverages Samsara’s real-time monitoring capabilities for its fleet of light and heavy-duty vehicles and equipment like water pumps and generators. As a result, it can improve efficiency outcomes, safety initiatives, and more.
The following is a snapshot of a few more organizations that chose Samsara this year*:
- State of New Jersey: The State maintains highways, bridges, and associated infrastructure that serve more than nine million people. NJDOT uses Samsara to provide real-time fleet management data that reduces costs, increases service efficiency, and maximizes utilization, particularly for winter operations. In doing so, it can operate more sustainably.
- City of Fresno: Fresno is a prominent city in Central California with a dedication to sustainability. The City was drawn to Samsara’s easy-to-use platform and ability to support its sustainability strategy, including electric vehicle adoption and digital workflows.
- City of Mobile: One of the most populous cities in the state of Alabama, the City of Mobile switched to Samsara for increased operational efficiency and safety. The City will use Samsara’s platform to support maintenance and increase utilization across its fleet of light and heavy-duty vehicles. The ability to capture and pull real-time video footage was recognized as a key benefit for driver safety and exoneration.
- Hernando County: Located on the central-west coast of Florida, Hernando County uses multiple Samsara solutions to drive efficiency and safety improvements through streamlined maintenance and driver coaching. As a result, it can create a better experience for employees and improve community services.
- NJ TRANSIT: Providing nearly 270 million passenger trips each year, NJ TRANSIT is the nation’s third-largest provider of bus, rail, and light rail transit, linking major points in New Jersey, New York, and Philadelphia. Samsara’s solutions and open ecosystem of integrations help NJ TRANSIT run safer and more efficient operations.