Self check-out being removed

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/08/business/self-checkout-dollar-general-retail/index.html

General reason: Higher theft rates at self check-out (4% vs 2% at cashier station). Plus, people don’t like self check-out.

5 Likes

So, now it’s back to the stone age because some people can’t behave themselves. It’s like school was.

1 Like

OK by me. Why should I be subsidizing even higher prices because of thieves?

3 Likes

Yes, that’s what I meant. It’s “ok” with me in that, if they gotta do it let 'em do what they have to. No need to hand it to the bad guys. Not “ok” , however, because now I have to stand in line and all that comes with it.

Strangely, Aldi and the local big supermarket chain where I live have just recently installed self-checkouts.

If they want me to do the job of a cashier, they need to give me a discount. Charging me the exact same amount when they aren’t even paying a person is not cool.

4 Likes

That’s how business operates. The more they save the more THEY pocket. The savings never gets passed on. That falls under the heading of: “Bigger than the both of us.”

Me? I’m in it for me and my total shopping experience. If I can get in and out fast… fast… faster , with a minimum of waiting, human interaction, hold-ups, or slow-downs, I’m not worried about due compensation to the tune of pennies. I just consider it a plus.

2 Likes

They are giving you a discount. The self-checkout line is usually shorter than the human checker line. Time is money.

intercst

9 Likes

I thought that was only if you’re punching a clock.

Time is better than money. Unfortunately, if you want the time, first you have to get the money.

1 Like

Not with self-checkout. The prices are the same whichever method you choose.

DB

You know my post had jack diddilly to do with amortizing labor costs on a per-customer / per bag basis and how it relates to wealth accumulation over short and long periods of time

2 Likes

In general, because if you don’t, the store won’t exist. If there is a nearby store that has similar products, but less theft for you to subsidize, then they could have lower prices, and you might choose to shop there instead.

I like self check out. A lot. If it is available, I always choose it. I find that it is far quicker than any other option.

1 Like

I don’t like self check out because something always goes wrong, and I don’t know the UPC code for the vegetables that have to be weighed. But if they want people to use it, they could give a 1% discount at the self-check machines, or something like that.

I have few problems. Items sold by weight are found in the system by tapping the item name found under the category (usually sorted alphabetic order). So, bananas under B (then pick which type of banana–regular, organic, etc). Usually they have a sticker with the code number on them to make it simpler. Enter the code and there it is.

2 Likes

I’ve only found self check out faster if there isn’t a line…which is increasingly rare in my local supermarket now that so few manned checkouts are open. All things being equal and with no difference in number of folk waiting on line, the manned checkout is almost always faster…especially with produce items that don’t have a bar code to scan.

1 Like

As a well-to-do early retiree, I’ve always regarded my time as being very valuable. It’s not like I’m manufacturing more of it. All of us have a more or less finite lifespan.

intercst

2 Likes

I squander my time.

I am here you know.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

But a shorter line is not necessarily a faster line.

When i’m in a grocery store, I can unload my cart while the clerk is scanning the items and the bagger is bagging things. Then i can swipe my card before the clerk is done. There are three different people doing the necessary tasks to get me through checkout.

But in the self checkout line, i have to do all of those jobs and there is no multitasking. So it takes longer.

—Peter

3 Likes

So people can choose “regular” bananas at 20¢ a pound, or “organic” at 30¢ a pound, and the one employee, standing watch over 6 self-checkout stations (or more likely reading Facebook on her phone) doesn’t know the difference. Neither does the scale.

Yeah, no chance for mischief there.

2 Likes

Our Costco had two people helping customers out at self check yesterday, for 6 check out stations. Those stations were only put in less than a year ago. I guess this explains it, though you still have to go through the list check at the exit.

Anything that keeps costs down is fine by me, as long as it doesn’t involve more time, hassle, or tracking.

IP

1 Like

Ours has been doing that for months. At the beginning there was only one attendant, but that quickly morphed into two. And they don’t just stand there, they run around and shoot everything in the cart (if they can) to speed things along. So the customer line sort of self-sorts into “not so many items” at the self checkout and “cart loaded to the top” at the regular cashier station.

The register tape is different at the self-check line too, so the guy at the exit knows which line you went through.

1 Like