Several coverage initiations on Crowdstrike

This AM, a spread of coverage initiations for CRWD (Closed at $67.21 on Friday).

Bank - Rating, Target

JPM - Overweight, $100
Barclays - Overweight, $80
Needham - Buy, $80
Stifel Nicolaus - Buy, $80
BoA/Merrill - Buy, $75
RBC - Sector Perform, $70
Credit Suisse - Neutral, $70
Suntrust RH - Hold, $69

8 Likes

I like Crowdstrike and have a position.

There was an excellent Market Foolery podcast today discussing Crowdstrike, and comparing to ZScaler.

Also, Crowdstrike has pre announced the next quarter (releasing next week) in the updated S-1 before they went public, with an estimate of about $95 M, putting their growth at about 100%.

Jim

3 Likes

Jim, I appreciate the heads up on the podcast comparing ZS to CRWD. I searched for it but could not find it. Do you have the link? Thanks.

I would rather compare Crowd to McAfee, Symantec, Trend Micro, etc. those are the companies Crowd is supposed to be taking narket share from.

What is Crowds secret sauce that allows them to grow so quickly in a mature industry?

Spending a lot on advertising, answering the DNC hacks?

Just trying to understand why Crowd is getting such growth. Surely they could have chose Carbon Black which just flounders.

We have 3 choices: figure out that secret sauce so we can buy/hold knowing it won’t be easy to replicate that secret sauce, or pass because we can’t figure it out or don’t want to take the time to do so. Or 3) say it’s growing fast and let the numbers do the talking.

1 Like

I appreciate the heads up on the podcast comparing ZS to CRWD. I searched for it but could not find it. Do you have the link?

MagellansQuest, It was on MarketFoolery today starting at the 11:45 mark.

https://www.fool.com/podcasts/marketfoolery/2019-07-08-world…

Brian
Fool One Guide
You can see my holdings here: http://my.fool.com/profile/TMFBwithbike/info.aspx

4 Likes

Brian, I’m very grateful for that link. I would have never found it since the lead topic and caption was about the World’s Cup. Thanks a million

I recently bought some CRWD based on the numbers.

I work for a large financial services company and recently saw an e-mail circulating regarding upgrading servers with the latest Crowdstrike agent. This was a plus for me for both CRWD and cybersecurity in general as a large company such as mine is usually quite slow moving. The number of endpoints in the company I work for is enormous, and if they have a foothold with us then I can see where the growth is coming from.

5 Likes