She-Hulk

My son is very much looking forward to the debut of She-Hulk on Disney+; I’m somewhat hopeful it can avoid the problems of the last D+ show we watched (Ms. Marvel), which had some real pacing problems that kept him from getting into it.

Albaby

The Marvel series are interesting. It’s like they stretched a 4hr movie into a 6 part series. But I really enjoyed Ms. Marvel, if not for the exposure to cultures with which I am not familiar, then the “hip”, youthful energy it offered. It is also important to realize the whole purpose of the series was to set up future movies and multi-hero series.

Fuskie
Who loved seeing Atlanta’s Fox Theater double as the mosque given its classic Egyptian architecture, as the series was filmed in Atlanta as is the case with most of the Marvel theatrical and streaming releases…

Premium Home Fool: Ask me a Foolish Question, I’ll give you a Foolish Response!
Ticker Guide: The Walt Disney Company (DIS), Intuit (INTU), Live Nation (LYV), CME Group (CME), MongoDB (MDB), Trip Advisor (TRIP), Vivendi SA (VIVHY), JFrog (FROG), Virgin Galactic (SPCE), Axon Technologies (AXON), Blackbaud (BLKB)
Disclaimer: This post is non-professional and should not be construed as direct, individual or accurate advice
Disassociation: The views and statements of this post are Fuskie’s and are not intended to represent those of The Motley Fool or any other sane body
Disclosure: May own shares of some, many or all of the companies mentioned in this post: https://tinyurl.com/FuskieDisclosure
Fool Code of Conduct: https://www.fool.com/legal/the-motley-fools-rules.aspx#Condu…
Invitation: You are invited to interactively watch Motley Fool Live online television: https://www.fool.com/premium/live/
Call to Action: If you like this or any other post, Rec it. Better yet, reply to it. Even better, start your own thread. This is YOUR TMF Community!

2 Likes

The Marvel series are interesting. It’s like they stretched a 4hr movie into a 6 part series. But I really enjoyed Ms. Marvel, if not for the exposure to cultures with which I am not familiar, then the “hip”, youthful energy it offered. It is also important to realize the whole purpose of the series was to set up future movies and multi-hero series.

True…but they still have to function as television shows. I also enjoyed Ms. Marvel, but my son didn’t. It’s easy to see why. The show was basically little more than a four-hour origin story. I happened to enjoy it, since it was interesting to me to get that window into her culture; but there wasn’t really a story that this mini-series was trying to tell. The problem is that Khan doesn’t really do anything here - she’s almost a spectator in her own story, a tour guide showing us around her backstory.

That’s very useful for Marvel to have gotten out of the way when she shows up in a movie, I guess - but it doesn’t make for a strong television show. Which is why I’m a little nervous about She-Hulk, where I just want ‘sestra’ to be a massive breakout star for reasons wholly unrelated to the show itself!

Albaby