Two Brokers, Intermodal and Advanced Shipping & Trading, have each reported major container newbuild activity to close out Q2 2023.
Each broker is reporting significant newbuild orders from major liner companies involving dual-fuel vessels
- French liner company CMA CGM placed an order for 10 24K-TEU vessels
- Taiwanese liner company Evergreen has placed an order for 12 16-K TEU vessels from Samsung
- Taiwanese liner company Evergreen has placed another order for 12 16;K units from Nihon
- Staying with newbuilds for the moment - two Chinese tanker newbuilds have been resold to new entities (one going to Eastern Pacific Shipping)
- 9 dry bulk vessel sales, all modern vessels.
- 9 tanker sales (4 modern, 5 older)
- For the tanker sales, generally seems like a seller advantage. In particular, in each of the Suezmax deals. (As a NAT shareholder, at current sales prices, I would be in favor of NAT disposing a couple of its older vessels)
Separate item: Deutsche Bank upgraded multiple tanker companies this week - STNG, INSW & FRO all got upgrades