Skipped last week. Had briefly perused Intermodal, but was too busy and distracted to post.
From shipping broker Advanced Shipping & Trading.
- 15 Bulker vessel transactions, dominated by the Supramax/Ultramax category with 9 vessels
- All but one vessel in the modern age category (less than 15 yo). Nothing sticks out in terms of the ones with listed prices
- 8 tanker sold, 7 of them LR1s.
- Tankers evenly split - 4 modern, 4 older. But even the modern are leaning towards older (> 11 years). From that perspective, I would say still more a plus on the seller angle
- Very active newbuild market - new orders in various sectors of shipping
Q3 has traditionally been dry bulk strongest quarter. This year, lots of additional factors - weaker Ukraine grain market, weaker US market. Might see a more interesting ton mile challenge for some bulker categories.