This week, broker Advanced Shipping & Trading go back to Friday reporting.
- 15 bulker vessel sales
- Slight uptick in prices
- 6 tanker sales - all MR2s
- Torm (TRMD) involved in block purchase of 4 vessels, with near term drydock on three vessels (possible motivation for seller)
- 5 smaller container vessels sold
- Each of the container vessels on the older side. Euroseas (ESEA), back to their roots, in picking up a 19 or 20 yo vessel
- 12 newbuild orders placed, 10 of them Kamsarmax vessels
- Star Bulk (SBLK) ordering a pair of Kamsarmax
- Safe Bulkers (SB) also ordering a pair of Kamsarmax. New order, or the same pair as discussed a couple of times in Oct 2023?
Interestingly for me, three different holdings mentioned in today’s report.
SBLK - About time y’all started working on refreshing the Kamsarmax category! Almost 45% of their Kamsarmax fleet is > 15 yo
SB - No comment. 2026/2027 deliveries don’t change much today
TRMD - MR2s seem slightly on the expensive side. However, MR2s are the core of Torm’s fleet & there are some older MR2s in the current mix. Same tonnage and shipyard suggest sister ships