Better options with broker choices this week. From Advanced Shipping & Trading
- Some odd. But all 10 of the dry bulker sales reported this week involve modern ( < 15 yr) tonnage.
- Depending on how the vessel is financed, the newest vessel, 2019-built JY Pacific, might offer new owners quite a good deal
- Tanker sales represent a mix of modern and older tonnage.
- In general, see the sellers as benefitting from the transactions. In particular, the 2004 built LR2
- Lots of Container vessel sales this week, including MPCC involved in a block transaction (5 vessels)
- 6 VLCC newbuilds, 3 separate owners involved - all vessels ordered from Chinese yards
- Also, slightly odd is the CMB-related transaction. While Compaigne Maritime Belge (CMB) is diversified in multiple types of shipping, the dirty tankers business has usually been carried out by Euronav (EURN). The common thread being the Saverys family.
Approaching Q3, it will be interesting to see whether OPEC+ production cuts do indeed assert downward pressure on the tanker market in 2023.