Should AMD Shareholders Be Worried? | The Motley Fool

Should AMD share holders be worried? No

It is a rough PC market however, AMD is winning the battle which is why Intel put up such a terrible outlook. As Intel has always done, they blamed the economy and the market. This has a splash effect on AMD and Nividia in the analysis given by analysts (like the one in the video).

Looking closer at AMD we see strong CPU and GPU sales in a consumer market place with shrinking sales. We also see AMD’s server market sales strong and growing. I expect AMD PC and GPU sales to be down but no where near as sharply down as Intel’s. Meanwhile AMD’s server sales will increase. The net result should be slightly up overall.

What people are not very aware of is that Intel stuffed their distribution channels with chips at the launch of Raptor Lake to brag about their shipping numbers. Unfortunately the gamble didn’t work as sales did not hit Intel’s expectations and now they are facing distributor supply surpluses in addition to a declining market. This is why Intel’s Client Computing is down 36% while analysts are saying the entire market is only down somewhere between 19% - 25%.

For more information on what I am saying above see the Moore’s law video from my previous post

3 Likes