skx

Thank you, Saul

KC

5 Likes

Same here. I invest for the long term. However, it’s nice to see short term results.

Just a week or so ago, I sold a small part of my UA holdings and used the proceeds to open a small position in Skechers.

Since then, UA has gone down just a bit and SKX is up 16.25% for me. Not a bad week.

mazske

1 Like

mazske I think we are living lives in parallel universes.

I sold all of my UA and used some of the proceeds to open a position (a first third) in SKX, and I am up 13.5%.

1 Like

mazske I think we are living lives in parallel universes.

I sold all of my UA and used some of the proceeds to open a position (a first third) in SKX, and I am up 13.5%.

Cool! I still like UA too much to sell it all. However, maybe I should have sold more to put in SKX.

I’m now up 18.41% on my few shares of SKX.

I’m learning a lot from this board. I hope this weekend to chose a company or two that has been mentioned here to figure of the 1YRPEG. I need to practice that.

Once I get it down, I hope to do it with all of my holdings. That’ll take some time. If I do get it done, I’ll try to post something here about it.

mazske

2 Likes
I kept my UA shares (bought late Dec), but also added a position in SKX 2 days ago based on some
analysis of my own and certainly some of Saul's (THANK YOU!).  Both have done really nicely:

SYMBOL	PRICE	PRICE PAID CHG & % CHG    52-WK RNG	SHARES	MKT VALUE   GAIN &  % GAIN
SKX	85.75	74.75	   +9.91 +13.07%  38.2	85.91	xxx	$xxxxx      $xxxxx   **14.33%**
UA	83.94	68	   +1.67  +2.03%  45.05	88.15	xxx	$xxxxx      $xxxxx   **23.08%**

Annualized returns for SKX:  1393194070552.92%  (ok, that's not reality since it's been *2 days*,
but it's fun to see such large numbers)

Let's hope the story doesn't change!

:)
3 Likes

Same here! I bought some SKX call options in February that have now more than doubled with today’s pop. Hard to beat a 100% return in less than three months. Thanks Saul!

Fletch

1 Like

What seems so odd to me is that everyone treats it as a surprise, especially the analysts. The company (Skechers) simply said in advance what they were going to do and then did it! They estimated $0.95 to $1.05, and then came in at $1.10! No big surprise at all. (Granted they beat revenue more handily). You had a company with a PE of 24, a one year earnings gain of 158% and a PEG of 0.16 as I remember. And they were predicting up 80% or so for the next quarter. What did people THINK would happen?

I think no one took them seriously because they sold comfort shoes instead of glamor.

Saul

5 Likes

“Common” sense is nothing of the sort. :slight_smile:

Now, what’s the next SKX out there, since I already bought SKX?

Now, what’s the next SKX out there, since I already bought SKX?

Oh, I suspect CRTO will have a pretty nice run up after their earnings are up 200% year over year again this quarter. (Their earnings quadrupled last year after doubling the year before. Last quarter they almost tripled (from 13 Euro cents to 37). If they keep the same 37 cents, or anywhere close, this quarter, they are comparing against 12 euro cents a year ago. (for those not aware, a Euro cent is a little bigger than a US cent)).

That’s just a hope on my part. Not a guarantee by ANY means. I wouldn’t know anything at all about this company if anirban hadn’t introduced it to us.

Sau,

1 Like

Check. Own that one too (in at $30.50), so I hope you’re right!!

:pre-happy dance: