SKX

In Oct, Nov of 2015 SKX stock price went down over 37%.

It still hasn’t recovered.

Does anyone know what precipitated this fall, or could you tell me where to look for this particular kind of info.

Thanks,
Frank

1 Like

Stupid question.

I need to find out the answer myself. Have read knowledge base twice and am going to read it again.

I will find the answer to my question and share what I find.

Thanks,
Frank

3 Likes

In Oct, Nov of 2015 SKX stock price went down over 37%.

It still hasn’t recovered.

Does anyone know what precipitated this fall, or could you tell me where to look for this particular kind of info.

Frank, I find one of the best places to start looking for this type of information is Google Finance. They have news stories marked on the stock price chart. I select the 1-month display, scroll to the time of interest, and find out what news stories were reported. That gives me information to start my quest for answers.

Doing this I see news stories dated 23 Oct. 2015, that explain the situation at the time. Saul’s knowledgebase has many relevant details to help understand the situation.

2 Likes

I’ll be happy to share more of my own thoughts, but it sounds like you want to look into it yourself. I like that. Let us know if you have questions on what you find.

1 Like

Hi Frank,

You can type “why did Skechers stock drop” directly into the search field on google.com and the first hit is an article from October 23rd.

I like to use Yahoo! Finance for historic research. You can chronologically search news articles for a specific stock symbol. For example, you can read the articles for SKX on October 23rd to find out what was going on that day to make the price move.

Wiseguy

2 Likes

I like to google stock price histories, if you goole skx stock price history, it’ll bring up the yahoo page with daily prices. go back to mid October, theres a hint there. david

2 Likes

Since SKX is, as I understand it, one of Saul’s largest holdings, I’d like to hear his take on whether he is concerned about the large drop in price back in Oct. 2015, or whether he is still confident in the company.

I’d like to hear [Saul’s] take on whether he is concerned about the large drop in price back in Oct. 2015

We’ve had five month-end reviews from Saul since then. If you missed them, I’d encourage you to check them out.

Here’s the link to “Additional Information” which you’ll also find just to the right while you’re reading a message on this board.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yF_lLGs3pI4SPcYOfIvpO5FY…

It has links to Saul’s month-end reviews dating back to June 2015.

3 Likes

Thanks TimWEdits.

I actually do read Saul’s month-end reviews each month. I was just looking for more “color,” I suppose.

However, I did find it, I believe, in Saul’s mid-quarter review re SKX (which I somehow missed back in November).

Thanks again.

Thank you guys for your response.

I will do some of my own diligence on this regardless, but yes othalon, I would like to here your thoughts on this matter.

Thanks again to all,
Frank

Since SKX is, as I understand it, one of Saul’s largest holdings, I’d like to hear his take on whether he is concerned about the large drop in price back in Oct. 2015

I think we have the answer that Saul is not concerned in the fact that from his month end reviews (5 since mid Oct), Saul still holds a near “max” position of SKX. If he were overly concerned he would have reduced his position or sold out completely.

Sure, he may have reduced (or increased!) his holding in the last couple weeks, but he’s under no obligation to inform everyone of that. In fact, he’s not even under the month end write up “obligation”, he just does it because he wants to try to help folks if he can.

3 Likes

I see that non GAAP EPS dropped sharply from $.58 at the end of 2015 3rd qtr to $.19 at the end of 4th quarter.

They missed on revenue: Q3 $856.2 Q4 down to $ 722.7

The missed revenue was why the stock dropped.

For 1st quarter 2016 analysts estimate that SKX non GAAP EPS will earn $.53 per share, an increase 45.13% over the prior year 1st quarter results.

For 1st quarter 2016 analysts estimate SKX will generate revenue of $ 910.6 M. An increase of 18.57 % over the prior year 1st quarter results.

I got this information from Charles Schwab research page.

Haven’t had time or energy to explore more on Google Finance and /or other sources. But I think I still will. And maybe listen/read the last conference call. I need the practice and the learning experience.

I hope SKX surpasses the estimates mentioned above for the upcoming 1st quarter results. I am a shareholder. 6% position.

Thanks again,
Frank

1 Like

I see that non GAAP EPS dropped sharply from $.58 at the end of 2015 3rd qtr to $.19 at the end of 4th quarter.

Frank…

You’re on the right track here.

Maybe there was another reason the EPS dropped so dramatically???

Here’s another hint…

EPS is Earnings Per Share

Keep it up though, this is the best way to learn!

Brian

Look at their Earnings Announcements for each of those quarters and see if the numbers are the same when they say “compared to last quarter.”

Tim let he secret out.

Tim, I think Frank was trying to figure things out himself.

Teach a man to fish and all that.

Maybe flag your post so it gets deleted before he reads it?

Brian

OK, thanks.
Frank

Oh, my bad. Sorry Frank.

No Tim,
It’s totally OK. I am not bothered at all.
Thank you,
Frank

re: SKX

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=%24BDI&p=D&yr=1&… this chart is telling you that your stocks are starting to climb north. If the BDI turns south, start to review your portfolios. http://tinyurl.com/hppd24nThat simple and less noise and TMF_BS.

But, SKX is stagnant and going nowhere.

doink !!

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=SKX&p=D&yr=0&mn…

http://finviz.com/quote.ashx?t=skx

Just JAFOing

2 Likes

Good to know Quillpenn,

:slight_smile: :frowning: ;/<

But Lets see what their next earnings look like in April

1 Like