Smart dog, Woof!

The smartest dog in the world | 60 Minutes Archive

Woof!

The Captain

9 Likes

After Professor John Pilley died, his family said that he asked for donations to be sent to his local animal shelter in Spartanburg, SC. I did – they must have had a deluge of contributions that year.

After Pilley’s death, Chaser lived with Pilley’s wife Sally, and their adult daughters, Deb Pilley Bianchi and Robin Pilley. A year later, on July 23, 2019, Chaser died from natural causes, at the age of 15 years, in her home in Spartanburg, South Carolina.

That’s an expected age for a border collie. My beloved Tyree (whom we adopted from the Wilmington, DE animal shelter at age 7 months, starved to only 17 pounds) also lived to age 15. Yes, border collies really are that smart. They can understand pretty much everything we say and can do amazing things. Tyree passed the Therapy Dogs International test with flying colors but they failed him because he cried when they took him away from me. He was a Velcro dog who followed my scent and found me even when he was very old and essentially blind and deaf.

Wendy

13 Likes