Spectacular Announcement

This isn’t just an announcement from AEYE, it seems to be a spectacular announcement.

Global Biotechnology and Mobile Telecommunication Companies Tap AudioEye for Patented Audio Technology

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/global-biotechnology-mobile-te…

Two Globally Recognized Brands Contract With AudioEye Driving Record Q3 Revenues and Highly Anticipated Adoption of Audio Internet(R) Technology

TUCSON, AZ–(Marketwired - Oct 1, 2014) - AudioEye®, Inc. (OTCQB: AEYE) (“AudioEye” or “the Company”), creator of the Audio Internet® patented audio browsing and automated publishing technology platform, today announced that it has contracted with two of the largest global brands in the fields of biotechnology and telecommunications. With a combined market capitalization within their respective markets currently in excess of 250 billion dollars, the companies present large commercial expansion opportunities for AudioEye.

AudioEye anticipates that the relationships will drive significant cash revenues and product innovations currently and into the future. The company has developed a scope of work and workflow with both companies and has completed technology implementations and efficacy studies leading to technology adoption and contracting for the procurement, engineering and customization of its technology products and services. Due to the breakthrough nature of the implementations and the underlying competitive advantages achieved through the exclusive AudioEye functionality, the companies will remain anonymous until agreed upon announcements and details will be provided.

“We’re breaking through to the largest companies in World, and the most respected brands have begun to adopt both our accessibility compliance platform that normalizes and remediates websites along with mobile content for the disabled,” stated Nathaniel Bradley, Chief Executive Officer of AudioEye, Inc.

"In addition to completing a pilot program implementing our technology to a telecommunications company with over 60 million unique visitors to their website, our eyes-free and hands-free content consumption technology is being harnessed for laboratories and within scientific workflows within a leading research and bio-banking operation.

These agreements should significantly accelerate the adoption of our Audio Internet services by others. We’re making better than expected progress in the commercial field. These agreements and projects upon completion will allow AudioEye to acquire new customers across industries that are target rich and among the fastest growing within our global economy. We’re turning heads and our team is focused on capitalizing on these opportunities to the maximum potential. Our progress within state, local and federal contracts combined with these new contracts makes for an exciting mix of opportunities currently being addressed by our growing AudioEye team. We anticipate being able to discuss this progress in greater detail in the coming weeks and months."

The only way this wouldn’t be a transforming announcement would be if they actually made it all up and it wasn’t true at all, which would probably be liable to a criminal indictment, and very unlikely.

Just my thoughts…

Saul

7 Likes

Saul,

That’s what I’m thinking too. However, although I trust you implicitly, my jury is still out on AEYE corporate. It seems these announcements MUST be true, but “show me the money!”

Hoping AEYE starts speaking loud and clear to make up for some of my other minor investing disabilities,

KLVanLiew

Two Globally Recognized Brands Contract With AudioEye Driving Record Q3 Revenues and Highly Anticipated Adoption of Audio Internet(R) Technology

Not to throw a wet blanket on things, but this reminds me of announcements by UniPixel (UNXL) about a year and a half ago. They had a new process for making touch screen sensors that was about to take the world by storm. Then had investments from two major players (reportedly Dell and Intel, but they also had to be kept secret), of $5-10M each. They even partnered with Kodak, who built up factory capacity for production. It looked so promising and the executives were making big promises. The stock went from the high teens into the forties. Then there started being delays and they haven’t really made it into the market yet. There were manufacturing issues of an unknown nature. While there is still hope, many of those executives are long gone because they failed to live up to their promises and the stock is in single digits. Hard to say if they were lying or just overly optimistic. Even though this press release reminds me way too much of that situation I did decide to buy a few more shares today. Maybe this time it will work out, but I remain skeptical.

Steve

4 Likes

Even though this press release reminds me way too much of that situation I did decide to buy a few more shares today. Maybe this time it will work out, but I remain skeptical.

That is the way to go. The news is great. The management sounded very bullish. It feels good to buy a little more. But just don’t backup the truck yet. Seeing a couple quarters of solid revenue growth and cash flow will be the real thing.

1 Like

I feel like this management already fooled me once with the non-cash revenue. Even now I have to critically scrutinize every press release, trying to determine if a deal is a “cash” deal or not (I notice the UC Merced deal does not mention cash, unless I missed it – so is it not for cash?). I don’t like that feeling.

I realized when this press release came out today: I do not trust this management. The company may do wonderfully – and I hope it does, since I think a lot of folks here own shares – but I can’t invest in a company whose management I don’t trust.

Neil

6 Likes

SaulR80683 : The only way this wouldn’t be a transforming announcement would be if they actually made it all up and it wasn’t true at all, which would probably be liable to a criminal indictment, and very unlikely.

Delurking.

As someone who has written a fair share of press releases, this is the kind of announcement that makes me more than a little uneasy, implying much but saying very little in terms of facts and figures.

For example, contracting with “two of the largest global brands in the fields of biotechnology and telecommunications” with “capitalization within their respective markets currently in excess of 250 billion dollars” sounds wonderful but is essentially meaningless. We naturally want to assume AudioEye will derive considerable revenue from the 250 billion dollar pool but we cannot begin to put a dollar figure on these opportunities.

Are these contracts worth $100, $1,000 or $10,000,000? Who knows? Read carefully, AudioEye writes only of “expansion opportunities,” not necessarily revenues.

And words and phrases like “anticipates,” “should,” “accelerate,” “better than expected,” “opportunities,” “maximum potential,” “exciting mix of opportunities,” and “coming weeks and months” make me cringe. Speaking from experience, forward looking statements serve as legal protections for the company [which is why they are clearly noted in the press release: forward-looking statements involve risks, uncertainties and contingencies, many of which are beyond AudioEye’s control, which may cause actual results, performance, or achievements to differ materially from anticipated results, performance, or achievements. Factors that may cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements include those set forth in AudioEye’s Form 10-K and other report filings with the SEC. AudioEye is under no obligation to (and expressly disclaims any such obligation to) update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.]

Until AudioEye is able to provide specifics, I would treat this announcement with more skepticism than excitement. YMMV.

Back to lurking.

32 Likes

Maybe this time it will work out, but I remain skeptical.

Steve,

Sounds like a heck of a good plan.

Saul

Global Biotechnology and Mobile Telecommunication Companies Tap AudioEye for Patented Audio Technology

Having worked for a .com years back that had some promising technology but failed to capitalize on it, this is the kind of releases we always had. Instead of spending the effort to just focus on the sales and show the numbers in the quarterly reports, the senior management team was more focused on when they could get out another press release on the latest win, usually with a big company that would never approve the press release.

Or else they always liked to have a press release any time they signed up a new partner/distributor agreement, especially if there was any minimum spend clause. But I can tell you, Distributor contracts are broad and not usually enforced to the T. Setting a minimum spend clause is like setting payment terms. They will give exceptions all the time.

I don’t see the purpose of the press release other than to try to prop up the share price as it doesn’t seem to contain anything actual material that would require a release.

More times than not, this will keep me away from a company.

15 Likes