syna

What happened to SYNA today?

Down 5 points [6%] to 75.45 on heavy volume?

Rizzz,

It seems it obligingly came down in price today so you could buy a few more shares and earn a few extra percentage points of return when they report next Thursday. That’s how I read and played it.

KLVanLiew

Looks like an analyst downgraded it.

Chris,

Do u have any further details on the downgrade?

Thx

R

http://tickerreport.com/banking-finance/248252/synaptics-dow…

Thanks Chris for the link to the article about the downgrade of SYNA

ISI Group cut shares of Synaptics, (NASDAQ:SYNA) from a sell rating to a strong sell rating in a research report sent to investors on Friday morning.

I’ve never heard of ISI, but the same article you linked to gave a number of other analyst ratings:

A number of other firms have also recently commented on SYNA.

Analysts at Tigress Financial downgraded shares of Synaptics, from a strong-buy rating to a buy rating in a research note on Friday.

Separately, analysts at Sterne Agee raised their price target on shares of Synaptics, from $83.00 to $105.00 in a research note on Thursday, June 19th. They now have a buy rating on the stock.

Finally, analysts at JPMorgan Chase & Co. raised their price target on shares of Synaptics, from $86.00 to $98.00 in a research note on Friday, June 13th.

One analyst has rated the stock with a sell rating, one has assigned a hold rating, eight have given a buy rating and two have assigned a strong buy rating

Makes me wonder whether ISI is a short seller.

Saul

1 Like

Thanks GauchoChris,

I read the URL you posted but still didn’t see much reason for the nice drop in price, so I’m thinking of increasing my position in SYNA.

Are you happy with the price (valuation) at $75?

I sometimes analyze a stock’s price technically for entry and exit points, using Ichimoku cloud, so I’ve been watching SYNA, getting ready to pounce. I predicted the stock would go below $80 due to my technical reading and it has landed on the support line at $75.57. The next support is at $73.16 - $72.50.

With the market starting to punish small cap stocks, it would be nice to know if you (or any other guru on this board of gurus) know of any fundamental reason for it to drop lower.

Thanks again for the help with my aapl conundrum.
Mykie

</>Makes me wonder whether ISI is a short seller.

Saul

In this age of too much information, it certainly would help to know which analyst had which rating. If you (the collective you) listen to all the people printing articles or trying to make news, I don’t think you will do very well in the market. Just an observation that has become more and more important as more and more info becomes available.

Mykie

I read the URL you posted but still didn’t see much reason for the nice drop in price, so I’m thinking of increasing my position in SYNA.

Are you happy with the price (valuation) at $75?

Yeah, I realized after I posted the URL that the analyst downgrade was about 10 days before Friday’s drop. I didn’t see any other news linking to Friday’s drop.

I am happy with the valuation to purchase but I’m not buying more because SYNA is already my largest position (around 10%). However, I did sell some Sep2014 $80 puts for a $8.90 premium. I would have normally sold the Aug puts but chose Sept because I am already short a lot of puts in other companies, and I wanted to spread out the expiration dates a bit.

Chris