Ted Weschler Pod w NFM

well worth it…very humble guy

https://open.spotify.com/episode/71pMaMiLZSFZWkgIpqiV1i?si=Z…

15 Likes

I had forgotten Mr Weschler had grown his IRA from 70k to 260 million in 30 years. A 31% CAGR. :flushed:

Just slightly better than my return. :rofl:

6 Likes

Very entertaining interview. I learned more about Ted in this interview than anything that has come out of Berkshire. Ted and Todd are the definition of low profile almost to the point where you sometimes wonder if they really exist😀

Ted seems !like a great guy.

-BD

8 Likes

Moderator (2:10 min): “You joined Berkshire Hathaway in 2011. The $2 Billion dollar fund has returned 1,236% for investors.”

Did I hear that correctly?

1,236% in 11 years?

Doesn’t that equate to 26+% annually?

If correct, not too shabby!

(Someone check my math please.)

3 Likes

I was really struck by how much Ted’s laugh, self-deprecation, and manner of speaking/storytelling resembles WEB’s.

It’s almost creepy…

1 Like

Yes I listened to this too today. Warren has cloned himself…fascinating. Mannerisms,stories, investing style, even down the chuckle.

Yes I listened to this too today. Warren has cloned himself…fascinating. Mannerisms,stories, investing style, even down the chuckle.

It’s almost unbelievable how lucky Berkshire got in finding and hiring Ted - he is so perfect for the job and has a phenomenal track record. Warren was so smart to convince him to come on board.

I think Ted is considerably more wealthy than most people assume. He could be a self-made billionaire presently.

7 Likes

I had forgotten Mr Weschler had grown his IRA from 70k to 260 million in 30 years. A 31% CAGR.

And that was before the Dillards trade!

1 Like

I really enjoyed this interview with Ted. He sounds like a really good guy–smart, intellectually curious, a phenomenal investor, and as longtimebrk said, very humble. What a great hire.

Given some of the comments about Abel’s performance at the annual meeting, I think Berkshire should consider having Ted on stage at future meetings. He’d liven things up and may be the closest we have to a replacement for Buffett. Of course, this assumes Ted is still around a couple of decades from now when Buffett finally steps down. :wink:

6 Likes

I agree, its a must listen for any BRK fanatic. Agree with your assessment and the humor, experience, commitment, loyalty, integrity and honesty really shine thru. I get the impression however that he is a superb analyst at heart and really likes to keep a pretty low profile investing in public companies versus overseeing the overall operation. We are indeed very lucky to have him. I cannot believe that his initial answer to Warren was “no thank you” when offered the position! Are you kidding me?!

Wish we had a similar interview and insight with Todd. I did not see him at the meeting but I know Ted was seen several times.

13 Likes

Ted is an incredibly accomplished investor, he has no reason to work if he chooses not to. It would seem that he simply has the perfect demeanor and mindset for the job. He and Todd are both incredible finds.

8 Likes

Amazing he only miss running only one day for the last 30+ years. He is like Buffett, a habit animal, letting good habits work for him.

1 Like

But what was his excuse for the day he misssed?

1 Like