Tesla Model Y review, after 2 years ownership

This is a good, solid review.

The Y has some “features” about which I complain on my 2019 RAV4:
Road noise.
Auto pilot Lane assist feature sometimes moves the car closer to another vehicle than is comfortable. Also sometimes doesn’t center the car in the lane, but rather drifts a bit, side to side. This can cause “jerky” driving.

He also mentioned

• the suspension is stiff, making the ride bumpy
  • the down sloped rear roofline limits the height size of stuff put into the back of the car.

Tesla Model Y Review | The TRUTH After 2 Years
https://youtu.be/RV2KZQHE-u8

He notes several times that his experience with the Y differs from his experience with other Tesla models.

Over all, I found it a useful video.
:alien:
ralph

1 Like

Auto pilot Lane assist feature sometimes moves the car closer to another vehicle than is comfortable. Also sometimes doesn’t center the car in the lane, but rather drifts a bit, side to side.

I’ve heard this complaint from others. One said that he simply got used to it.

With releases every two week or so don’t take any review as set in stone because precisely the function of a beta release is to get as many people as possible reporting as many bugs as possible to get them fixed. By now they have at least 60K beta testers.

What I find very encouraging is that with all the attention being paid to Tesla’s FSD I have not heard of any serious accident. It might drive like a novice but a safe novice.

Denny Schlesinger

1 Like