Tesla

First half capital expenditures less then expected.

Model 3 gross margins improving to 25% in 2018.

Semi Truck reveal in 8 weeks.

Since the model 3 handover last week, 1800 reservations per day.

Second quarter deliveries up 53%

Model 3 production on target.

Automotive second quarter sales 2.01 billion.

Began taking orders for solar roofs in second quarter and have begun installations.

After hours $346.

Robert

13 Likes

TSLA is my largest single position 34%. Have owned since 2012 and have added along the way. Added a few more shares yesterday. Share price is now $ 351.80

I like this company.

Frank

11 Likes

If they manage to manufacture and sell 1.000.000 cars per year at 25% margin in 2 years (their estimate), they are going to earn $10B just with their car business. That would grant them a market cap of at least $250B.

And 1 million cars is still only under 2% of the whole market.

TSLA is my largest single position 34%. Have owned since 2012 and have added along the way. Added a few more shares yesterday.

Holy diversity! … Let’s see, a 12-bagger with 34% of your portfolio in 5-6 years.

Well done!

Can you pick me up in your yacht? Our coastline in Nebraska is pretty rugged. Maybe we should take the Maserati. No worries, I’m not particular. You choose.

1 Like

Can you pick me up in your yacht? Our coastline in Nebraska is pretty rugged. Maybe we should take the Maserati. No worries, I’m not particular. You choose

Hi Raptor,

My first two purchases of TSLA account for 1/3 of my current position.

2012 shares @ $ 29.49 up 1,005 %
2013 shares @ $ 35.37 up 821 %.

After that that I progressively added more shares at higher prices along the way until now.

I wish I had bought all my current shares at those early price points. If I had done that I would be picking you up in my private Jet.

:slight_smile:

Frank

1 Like

I wish I had bought all my current shares at those early price points.

Most of my portfolio is TSLA and related options. Today was a good day. I wish I’d bought shares earlier and cheaper, but I have nothing to complain about. My portfolio is up 209% this calendar year, largely as a result of active trading of TSLA options.

Naturally, since my portfolio is far more concentrated than is typical for people on this board, I see way more volatility.

-IGU-

Can you pick me up in your yacht? Our coastline in Nebraska is pretty rugged. Maybe we should take the Maserati. No worries, I’m not particular. You choose.

I would have just asked for some Omaha steaks. :slight_smile:

Andy

2 Likes

Andy

Do you see any irony that cow farts are a leading cause of global warming yet you are celebrating the quintessential visionary on clean energy? :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Do you see any irony that cow farts are a leading cause of global warming yet you are celebrating the quintessential visionary on clean energy? :slight_smile:

That is why I am killing all the cows and deer and elk. Just trying to stop global warming. :slight_smile:

Andy
Doing his part and eating all the back strap along the way.

2 Likes

Andy, you have to learn to think bigger. < grin >

Dan

1 Like