Thanks - Update - T-Ball

I wanted to take a minute to thank all the Fools who sent Best Wishes and Prayers my way. It helped a great deal and took my pre-operation anxiety completely away.

My Doctor managed to get it scheduled sooner and we got it taking care of late yesterday - so…if my writing seems a little more foggy than usual - thats why.

As for the portfolio, it has been savaged a bit. To be expected and probably overdue as far as I can figure. On to T-Ball

T-Ball is a training ground for younger kids: 4 YO to 7 YO. The reason they call it T-Ball TBall is that there is no-one pitching a ball; rather, the ‘ump’ places a ball on s T.

https://www.amazon.com/Little-Tikes-T-Ball-Set-Balls/dp/B01F…

As the story goes, I showed up a little late and noticed the team I was helping was getting clobbered about 20 to Goose Egg. So I began trying to cheer them up. But they didn’t seem to be even a little concerned or despondent. They were cheering, laughing and cutting up as usual. So I pulled a kid aside and asked why they didn’t seem sad. His simple answer, which I have remembered all these years was this: “Yeah but we haven’t come up to bat yet.” Now…you may be asking yourself what in the world T-Ball has go do with investing. Well…its simple really. No…really

January is beating the absolute stuffings out of our portfolios…just like in the T-Ball story above - but our growth companies haven’t even been up to bat yet which will at the time they report. See the similarity? Of course you do and knowing that our run will come when we get up to bat most certainly eases the angst/fear factor. In other words - our run will come. Now on to MEL.

MELI has been quite the YOYO company as of late which presents a nice opportunity to the nimble. So lets go through the plan:

1. Buy MELI below $1050. I could wait a bit and see if it goes much lower.

2. Sell MELI above $1165

3 Book profit and wait to see if MELI’s pattern holds up. If it does then you can continue also.

Big Fat Note: Nothing is guaranteed and there is risk built-in to consider with this strategy. But most of the risk is simply to the point that the worst outcome you might is to have a longer term position in portfolio than you like. Or something like that, But the pattern of it all is simply - you Dip when MELI Dips. Here is a very clear tutorial/example of the process:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOW6B4vPmpo

All the Best

10 Likes

CHAMP,

I AM TALKING LOUDLY AS YOU MAY STILL BE LOOPY FROM, LIKE, ANESTHESIA OR WHATEVER.

GLAD YOU ARE DOING WELL.

NO, I DIDNT SAY GLADYS FELL DOWN A WELL. I DONT EVEN KNOW ANYONE NAMED GLADYS, PLUS I AM NOT SURE PEOPLE USE WELLS ANYMORE. DONT REALLY KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING ON AND ON ABOUT.

BUT I LIKED TEE BALL TOO, AND PLAYED 2ND BASE. MY MOM KEPT SCORE AND GOT HIT IN THE EYE BY A FOUL BALL FROM OUR FIRST BASEMAN. SHE IS OK AS THIS WAS LIKE 40 YEARS AGO.

POINT IS, THINGS GOT BETTER.
SO YEAH…TEE BALL.

DREAMER

11 Likes

Hey Dreamer:

So Far - So good!

The relationship between T-Ball and investing becomes even more direct for new investors. Here’s how:

Just like T-Ball, whereby one of the parents places the ball on the tee -so to, The Fool places companies on their investing ‘T’ across an ever growing array of subscription services. All the new investor has to do is swing away.

All the Best,

Based on my kids experience back in the day:

1. Kid on the other team hits a foul ball…ALL the fielders on our team race for the ball!

2. Kid on our team hits a foul ball, races to first…then keeps going full steam into right field!

With my investor suit on, I did both those things.

Glad to have you back safe and sound, Champ.

Best to you,
Ears

4 Likes