That's a honkin' BIG CROWN!

King Charles III has just been crowned with the Crown of St. Edward.

This honkin’ big crown weighs almost 5 pounds of gold and gems. It was very carefully placed and adjusted on the king’s head by the archbishop of Canterbury .

Wendy

2 Likes

And, the same for Queen Camilla!

1 Like

The crown is only worn for the coronation. The king does not own the crown - it belongs to the people of England.

The Amazon river runs for thousands of miles. At some points it runs through areas of the rain forest that are almost untouched and have been barely explored. Because of the porous limestone in these areas, the river water leaks through the stone and travels deep into the earth, and forms underground pools almost a mile below the surface. Over thousands of years, small blind transparent fish have lived and evolved in these pools. These fish have never seen the sun or surface and have never been seen by the human. These fish care more about this than I do.

IMG_0336

13 Likes

We have all been invited to swear allegiance to him and his heirs

I’ll give that a miss. I’m a free citizen not anyone’s subject, certainly not to some clown like him:

4 Likes

Cheers from us Irish folks

1 Like

but, But, BUT…he’s a “celeb”. According to Shiny media, that is the most important thing: fawning over “celebs”. Forget that we had to fight a revolution to get rid of that cadre of fakes.

Steve

3 Likes

Africa and India want their famous diamonds back.

African Star.

“The world’s largest known clear-cut diamond, which was previously housed in the Queen’s crown jewels, is now being demanded back by South Africa. Since the passing of Queen Elizabeth II last week, there have been increasing requests in South Africa for the Great Star of Africa, also known as the Cullinan I, to be returned because the country claims it belongs to them.”

Kohi-Noor

" The legendary Kohinoor diamond may never return to India. The government today told the Supreme Court that it cannot force the United Kingdom to return the famous jewel to India since it was neither stolen nor forcibly taken away, but gifted to the British."

Heh
ralph

1 Like

This sounds like it was written by an AI! :smirk:

2 Likes

Actually it was written by a guy on Reddit; I found it (for another topic) on Facebook. I put this on my timeline there as well with credit, should have here too. It makes me laugh. Perfect comedy: set up in one direction, boom, hard turn with the punchline.

1 Like

From the Irish Times:

Having a monarchy next door is a little like having a neighbour who’s really into clowns and has daubed their house with clown murals, displays clown dolls in each window and has an insatiable desire to hear about and discuss clown-related news stories. More specifically, for the Irish, it’s like having a neighbour who’s really into clowns and, also, your grandfather was murdered by a clown.

5 Likes

Clown world indeed:

He looks a right Charlie :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yah Right! maybe they should loan it out

I think it is hilarious that the Brits fawn over their German Royalty:

George I (George Louis; German: Georg Ludwig; 28 May 1660 – 11 June 1727)[a] was King of Great Britain and Ireland from 1 August 1714 and ruler of the Electorate of Hanover within the Holy Roman Empire from 23 January 1698 until his death in 1727. He was the first British monarch of the House of Hanover as the most senior Protestant descendant of his great-grandfather James VI and I.

Born in Hanover to Ernest Augustus and Sophia of Hanover, George inherited the titles and lands of the Duchy of Brunswick-Lüneburg from his father and uncles. A succession of European wars expanded his German domains during his lifetime; he was ratified as prince-elector of Hanover in 1708. After the deaths in 1714 of his mother, Sophia, and his second cousin Anne, Queen of Great Britain, George ascended the British throne as Anne’s closest living Protestant relative under the Act of Settlement 1701. Jacobites attempted, but failed, to depose George and replace him with James Francis Edward Stuart, Anne’s Catholic half-brother.

The house of Hanover/Windsor are mainly German even though they try to hide the fact.

1 Like

Actually The House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha

The House of Windsor came into being in 1917, when the name was adopted as the British Royal Family’s official name by a proclamation of King George V, replacing the historic name of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha. It remains the family name of the current Royal Family.

Well, that presupposes they know the history.

Come to that, who are “the Brits”?

1 Like

To hide the fact that they are Germans.

1 Like

This sums us up, and probably helps explain the Coronation:

1 Like

Used to watch that every Saturday night as a kid. Doesn’t quite explain the mongrel status of, particularly, the English, though.

I thought I’d watch the ceremony for the music…can’t beat the Church of England for decent ecclesiastical music…but the whole spectacle was so incongruous that I gave up.

Charles with his incantations reminded me of how daft he sounded at his Investiture as Prince of Wales when he was trying to speak Welsh. I don’t know how he managed it with a straight face. Mind you, endorsing homeopathy as enthusiastically as he does, he’s had plenty of practice with tomfoolery.