The end is nigh!

If anyone is still here, this board will being going the way of the dodo soon.

Thanks for 20 years of conversations (well, probably 10-15 good years before it started to wane). I’ve learned a lot and I think it’s awesome we actually got to meet.

Stay well and stay safe everyone. Good luck with everything and hopefully you all will meet / have met your retirement needs!

Simon

3 Likes

Maybe not because those boards have a warning banner, like this:
https://discussion.fool.com/star-trek-115575.aspx?mid=35092025

The Canada board is (or was…) used mostly to discuss investment ideas, so it might survive the cut.

I’m sometimes tempted to post something but I then remember that as an investor, I’m not convinced yet that I know what I am doing…

1 Like

I’m sometimes tempted to post something but I then remember that as an investor, I’m not convinced yet that I know what I am doing…

Good god I hope that wasn’t holding you back! If we waited till we thought we knew what we were doing this board would have two posts. None of us knew but we all learned. That was the fun of it.

And yes, maybe this one will stay, but oddly enough, this is the least active board I visit.

Simon

1 Like

Simon,

Apparently not so.

There was a post on another board to the effect that somebody at TMF goofed, causing a banner intended only for boards that are not focused on investing to appear on all the boards. The goof has been corrected, so the banner is now gone from this board.

Norm.

I see that now, but for the last 5+ years this specific board hasn’t been the healthy discussion I came to love the previous 15. Most of the rest of the boards I still visit regularly have been dying, but even the ones that haven’t are all getting nixed.

I can’t understand the reasoning but it’s their product.

I also can’t see keeping TMF bookmarked for one board that has really only had hostile bickering for a number of years where before we had real discussions.

This will be my adieu. Thank you all for your contributions over the years. I have learned a lot. I hope you learned something, however small, from me.

Simon

2 Likes