Working on an article about The Trade Desk and had to share this interview with CEO and Founder, Jeff Green, and the TMF team.
Audio and transcript available: https://www.fool.com/investing/2017/12/31/the-motley-fool-in…
4 things really stick out to me
- As Google and FB face continuous data and privacy issues, I think advertising dollars will begin to move away from their “walled-gardens” and to the rest of the internet.
– this impact will be small for Google and Facebook, but massive for much smaller market cap companies like TTD.
- The Trade Desk released “The Next Wave” their new line of products in June. I’m really excited to see the growth as sales kick into gear.
– over the last 2 years, 1/3 of TTD’s engineering resources were dedicated to developing “The Next Wave” which didn’t start producing revenue until June. Think about that for a second… 1/3 of engineering resources for 2 years producing 0 revenue. Talk about awesome.
Connected TV inventory grew by 10x in 2017. During Q1 2018, Connected TV inventory was ALREADY up 78% from all of 2017. Brian Stempeck TTD’s Chief Client Officer said CTV inventory is well on its way to 10xing again in 2018.
Something like 85% of TTD’s revenue comes from inside the U.S. but they are investing heavily internationally and Asia’s ad spend is growing much faster than the U.S.
– I’m cautious about the impact of any trade relation issues with China, but because TTD represents the buy side and BRINGS IN MONEY from massive global brands, I can’t imagine China blocking them.
Video of Founder and CEO Jeff Green announcing “The Next Wave”. Every time I see him speak, I am more impressed.
Shopify (SHOP) Ticker Guide
For information on all of my current holdings view my profile here: http://my.fool.com/profile/CMFAleeb/info.aspx