The Verge: $AAPL Files Interesting Trademarks

With Apple’s penchant for design, I cannot wait to see the finished product in 2023. Maybe another reason to short $META - as well?

The Verge headline: Trademark filings point to ‘Reality’ branding for Apple’s mixed reality headset

Filings for ‘Reality One,’ ‘Reality Pro,’ and ‘Reality Processor’ have surfaced

By Emma Roth Aug 28, 2022, 6:33pm EDT

https://www.theverge.com/2022/8/28/23326041/apple-trademark-…

In addition to the US, applications were also filed in the EU, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Saudi Arabia, Costa Rica, and Uruguay. All three filings mention “virtual and augmented reality headsets, goggles, glasses, and smartglasses.” It’s possible that the “Reality One” trademark refers to the name of the headset itself, while “Reality Pro” indicates a spec-boosted version that Apple has planned down the road, in line with the same “Pro” moniker Apple applies to its higher-end devices. Meanwhile, the name “Reality Processor” may allude to the headset’s processing unit, which is rumored to be an M2 chip.

The applications surfaced just a little over a week before Apple’s “Far Out” event, but it’s unlikely that the mixed reality headset will make an appearance. The headset is rumored to allow for both augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) experiences and games, including VR versions of Apple Maps and FaceTime, and potentially even experiences based on Hollywood movies. Apple’s board of directors reportedly got to try out the headset back in May, but Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo predicts it won’t hit the market until January 2023.

One strong chart (bullish) and one weak chart which could turn very bearish and hit a new 52-week low soon:

$AAPL daily chart

https://schrts.co/resytRqz

$META daily chart

https://schrts.co/hHYTNkHk

I bet those headsets look a lot cooler than what’s out there now… and that they rapidly own a majority of the market for those headsets.

Rob
Former RB and BL Home Fool, Supernova Portfolio Contributor & Maintenance Fool
He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

2 Likes

I believe you to be indubitably correct, Sir! Let me refill you tea cup.

Here’s another thought: Cook and Company are not trying to define the Metaverse. With their Apple App store, they know where things are moving and shaking when it comes to A/R and V/R. Apple will have a leg up on who is hot, who is not, what hardware makers or chip designers need to be bought out, etc. The fact Apple’s hardware will “enhance” the real Metaverse and Web 3.0 shows me Cook has given what is about to happen way more thought than Zuck.

$AAPL is still hip with young progressives on the bleeding edge of tech. $META? Whose kids or grandkids are on Facebook or Instagram these days? Tik Tok is crushing it with Generations Z and Alpha. Apple is still the “cool” brand for EDM deejays in their 20s as well as 55-60-year old DJs as are found in the EDM group Above & Beyond. That Apple logo beaming from between the Pioneer digital decks and controllers at shows which attract more young people than any rock acts on the road.

Note to self: add more $AAPL.

1 Like

$AAPL is still hip with young progressives on the bleeding edge of tech. $META? Whose kids or grandkids are on Facebook or Instagram these days? – PT

Shame on me!

While I am Apple for a lot of products, I minimize my iCloud exposure… because Apple refuses to let me use it (just…issues… and can’t get help). AND worst of all, I use Facebook as a means of keeping up with news from family and friends.

No, perhaps this is worse… I just sold to close our AAPL calls. Nicely profitable over the term, shifting my focus to Tesla calls.

Rob

2 Likes

Rob, I saw some good Tesla news early this morning about Gigafactory Berlin. I’ll run that down in a few hours and place it here. Forgot all about it.

What calls you kicking around on $TSLA?

I’ve got one call, slightly in the red, going on right now in $XLC.

Just nibbled on $LABU again, at a lower price than where I was stopped out last week for a small loss.

Bought more $MRNA, $APPL and a few other things.

Running out the door.

I’ve been following a couple YouTube guys regarding TSLA. Here is one that might have you go “Hmmmmm…”:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3BEcqW-gFM

It’s a very long (90 min) discussion but there was enough importance (I thought) to listen to it twice.

My calls are all June2024, from $280 to $313.33.

My expectations for both the company and the share price might make you glad for the distance between us… “Whew! I’m glad that nut is far away!”. Let it suffice that I expect more than a double on my calls over the next year… and it’s currently ~30% of my portfolio.

Rob

1 Like