These boards are the property of TMF

You might want to read who these discussion boards and posts really belong to. The Motley Fools own the boards Lock, Stock and Barrel. They do not belong to any one person or group of people on the boards. They are supposed to monitored for foul language, false or misleading content, etc.,.

They are NOT supposed to be arbitary in their application of the rules. That means either apply them to each and every infraction or nor at all.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

OT

3 Likes

They are NOT supposed to be arbitrary in their application of the rules. That means either apply them to each and every infraction or nor at all.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

OT

A question that has bothered me for some time:

It seems there can be a somewhat not so very fine line between ‘rule enforcement’, and censorship. Ala what’s been exhibited the last couple of years at Berg’s Facebook, and Dorsey’s Twitter, and right here at home on TMF.

By their very nature, the calls can stem from very subjective ‘decisions’.

Sorry if that’s an imperfect perspective of the question, but it’s a question that’s bothersome. At least to me.

2 Likes

OTF, the offending posts are removed by the TMF staff after a Fool Alert (FA) is submitted.

I sense that you don’t like the way METAR is run. Please feel free to depart anytime.
Wendy

27 Likes

You might want to read who these discussion boards and posts really belong to.

Their site, their system, etc–so how is this a surprise?

1 Like

"The Motley Fools own the boards Lock, Stock and Barrel. They do not belong to any one person or group of people on the boards. They are supposed to monitored for foul language, false or misleading content, etc.,.

They are NOT supposed to be arbitary in their application of the rules. That means either apply them to each and every infraction or nor at all."

Clearly you haven’t spent any time on Saul’s board…

7 Likes

It is unfortunate that this board has turned into a giant clique. So I think I will take my 40 Years of investing knowledge, 24 years and 6803 of Fool posts, with 5609 Recs by 647 different people and head on out.

It has been real but not nice,

Old Time Foolish

P.S. 20 return on investments for the past 10 Years.

2 Likes

lordy lordy lordy, what a disaster, a self importuning GENIUS has chosen to shun METAR!

Hallelujah! X 12 times

david fb

10 Likes

Sorry you felt it impossible to play by the rules that were agreed to by the group. Should you see the wisdom of doing so, feel free to return.

OTF: So I think I will take my 40 Years of investing knowledge, 24 years and 6803 of Fool posts, with 5609 Recs by 647 different people and head on out.

Wendy’s stats: 24 years and 22,175 of Fool posts, with 115,565 Recs by 3,575 different people, 78.15% posts rec’d, Top Favorite Fool, Top Recommended Fool, Feste Award Winner.

If I could bestow an award it would be for nicest person on TMF, Patience Award and Most Giving. We are not a easy, well behaved group, nor do we tend to hesitate to voice our opinions, and I am sure there are days that Wendy wants to throw in the towel on all of us, being grateful that those impulses seem to be fleeting. If you are as wise as you think you are, you will appreciate the reasons why people on this board respect her and try to follow the rules that were put in place to keep the board from dissolving in rancor.

Wendy, in case I have to spell it out, you are very much appreciated. With the volume of posts on the board I have resorted to skimming content by rec’s, but I actively look for all of your posts, since I know they will be well thought out and ON TOPIC.

IP

34 Likes