TMF Information Dissemination Methods

I need to be more time-efficient with my use of Motley Fool services. In my view, the use of video discussions among Motley Fool experts is not a time-efficient method of providing important investment information to your subscribers.

For instance, there was a recent video on important changes to the tax laws and how they will affect your subscribers. It was a 57-minute video, and even though I am a retiree, I don’t have time to watch it either live or recorded. I tried to read the written copy of the conversation, but even that was overly long.

I certainly didn’t need to read the opening remarks such as “It has been a long time since we have gotten together . . .” and other personal comments. More importantly. the back and forth commentary between participants is a very time-consuming way to convey information. Those conversations may be fun for your associates but are poor use of my time in order to obtain the information that was conveyed. The same can be said about conversations about various stocks that I would like to know more about.

Those conversations seem to be a prime method Motley Fool uses to convey investment information to your subscribers and their use seems to be ingrained in the culture of your company. That’s fine. However, I think that I am not the only subscriber who would benefit from a concise summary of the information provided in those conversations.

Since I retired four years ago, investing has become somewhat of a hobby on which I spend considerable time. With the help of Motley Fool, I have been able to more than triple my net worth. However, even I cannot spend the time necessary to extract the information embedded in the many conversation videos available from Motley Fool so I don’t think that I am getting the maximum amount of benefits from my Motley Fool subscriptions. I can’t imagine how little time is available to your subscribers who work full-time.

I think that this is a very important issue that needs to be brought to the attention of Motley Fool’s higher management. Again, in my humble opinion, a concise summary of the important points of your investment conversation videos would be very helpful to many of your subscribers. After all, what you are selling is information, and that information needs to be provided in the most efficient manner possible to those of your subscribers who don’t have the time to watch or read many hours of conversations you make available.

Would it be possible for TMF to provide such a “quick take” along with the video and transcription of investment conversations once the conversations are completed?

Hi, Cajunblazer01.

I’m sorry the Motley Fool Live videos nor their transcripts aren’t working for you. Have you looked at the Rule Your Retirement service? It’s not terribly expensive and while it does not recommend equity investments like the other services (it does have some ETF-based model portfolios), it does delve deeply into a variety of retirement subjects, including tax issues. The service is led by Robert Brokamp, who may also have been on the MFL show you saw.

Fuskie
Who notes that service regularly publishes informative articles that are more easily read…

Premium Home Fool: Ask me a Foolish Question, I’ll give you a Foolish Response!
Ticker Guide: The Walt Disney Company (DIS), Intuit (INTU), Live Nation (LYV), CME Group (CME), MongoDB (MDB), Trip Advisor (TRIP), Vivendi SA (VIVHY), Mimecast (MIME), Virgin Galactic (SPCE), Axon Technologies (AXON), 51Jobs (JOBS)
Disclaimer: This post is non-professional and should not be construed as direct, individual or accurate advice
Disassociation: The views and statements of this post are Fuskie’s and are not intended to represent those of The Motley Fool or any other sane body
Disclosure: May own shares of some, many or all of the companies mentioned in this post: https://tinyurl.com/FuskieDisclosure
Fool Code of Conduct: https://www.fool.com/legal/the-motley-fools-rules.aspx#Condu…
Invitation: You are invited to interactively watch Motley Fool Live online television: https://www.fool.com/premium/live/
Call to Action: If you like this or any other post, Rec it. Better yet, reply to it. Even better, start your own thread. This is YOUR TMF Community!

2 Likes