TMFool error

I think that the TMF decision to Delete other than Finical boards is in Eror.

My Boards, MM, Taking Care of Parents and others I participated in have provided much information in the Finical Market, including the Senior Care markets, the Insurance Care (lack of Care) boondoggle, and several other areas.
I have subscribed to several Fool boards and profited from most of them. But other Boards and Google has prevented a lot of Investing Errors.

I think TMF is limiting their Members to only Money Making subscriptions, not of Preserving Wealth for a Future Generation.

I cannot provide a Future View of Investing or preserving inherited wealth, But I do feel TMF is restricting the Community to some Facebook, Nightly News, Todays Market Trades or other Short Term Trades. Not a long-term benefit.
Been here a long time, Hoping you look at Years, not at Months.
jC- anuvaka

2 Likes

Like many people, I am not happy with the demise of many boards. But if we care to be honest, my guess is nobody knows the motivation for this change.

It could be to cull the system of posts/people that lack any redeeming value.
It could be to lower electricity and support costs to increase the bottom line.
It could be to give new owners a clean slate – i.e. they plan on selling.
It could be an ownership realization they made errors in the past that need correction/elimination.
It could be they have a new Operating System and they want the transition to have much lower demand.

I don’t think they want to screw me.

3 Likes

And it could be to drive all of us to boredom.

Straight investment boards like Retirement Investing tend to be stale. There is not much news to discuss. The answers are well known. Few beginners ask basic questions. So lots of long threads chewing over not much.

News driven boards are much more interesting. They are the ones that attract my attention.

3 Likes

Paul E,
It is evident TMF wants to Change their Direction to Money and Increasing it OR maintaining it.
No longer a younger View of Building Wealth for Some Future, but what WE have Should have been aware of for some Many Years. Politics and Economy changed many things which CAN 0nly be revealed by Other Discussions
I had a State Scholarship, as did my brother. I never graduated; he took 5 years to get there.

Sharing this information is Not Share & Share Alike, but The Rich get Richer, and the Poor remain the Same
jC - Hire Minorities for low paid work

1 Like