Top Fool Stocks for 2018

https://www.fool.com/vip/investor-alert/top-stocks-2018/

A video event next week. I don’t know if it’s all teasers, or if they’ll name any names.

My guess is that two of the names will be Nvidia and Shopify.

7 Likes

I generally avoid the videos. The last one I saw was 10 minutes of information in a 30 minute format.

But that might just be me.

Jeb

6 Likes

I like their videos that let you change to text when you try to close the window. When you click on the X, they ask if you want to stay on the page. If you do, the video changes to a transcript. But they’re usually all teasers, though they say at the end which stocks the Fool owns or recommends.

The answer to most of these videos seems to be Nvidia, anyway. AI, cloud, driverless cars, better sex life, high self-esteem, becoming acne-free, getting straight A’s, cheap Bitcoin mining, etc.

This one is different, since it’s not showing yet.

6 Likes

I don’t know if it’s all teasers, or if they’ll name any names.

If you received the promotional email, you’ll know the pool of candidates. IIRC, half of the contenders have been revealed.

I generally avoid the videos. The last one I saw was 10 minutes of information in a 30 minute format.

But that might just be me. – Jeb

Not just you.

I just read the transcripts. Ten minutes of video condenses down to under a minute’s worth of reading. Most of the content of videos is some assortment of “Um”, “Uh” as well as joking and beating around the bush. Actual content is worth seconds of reading because most of the actual verbal content is unintentional filler without solid info.

Rob
He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

10 Likes

https://s3.amazonaws.com/g.foolcdn.com/media/django-microsit…

Biotech:
Bluebird
Exelixis
Illumina
Juno

Digital Disruptors:
2U
Live Nation Entertainment
Match Group
Shopify

AI:
Cognex
Nvidia
The Trade Desk
Twitter

China:
Apple
Baidu
Tencent
Weibo

6 Likes

I just looked closer at that page, and realized that they named their “Big 4” -

Nvidia (no surprise)

Cognex (using AI for vision)

The Trade Desk (familiar here)

Twitter (using AI to mine all the data in all those tweets)

4 Likes

That AI link with Cognex is purely speculative. They say they are working on it but in fact have few if any actual AI products. In fact most of their stuff is fairly simple. I think the big break might be going to 3D sensing, but I am not sure how much AI is needed for that or whether they can deliver.
I am long on CGNX , just don’t think it will change the world…

China, mostly steer clear of Chinese stocs, once burned twice shy, but I like BABA better than those listed.

Biotech drug stocks - too much of crap shoot at my age so I no longer buy them. I am unworried about any gains that slip by me as long as I have good gains in what I do buy.

Digital disrupters- will have to look at those. I do have some SHOP, a lot less than I used to own since the stock seems to be stuck price wise.

1 Like

Match has done pretty well since the Fool originally recommended them. I didn’t get around to buying any shares, though.