TWLO shares were unlocked today

The presumable reason for the partial pullback today was that their shares were unlocked today. Thought you might like to know.
Saul

Approximately 31M of 36M Twilio shares had remained restricted among insiders as of January 19 in a follow-on associated lockup due to a corporate trading blackout related to earnings timing. This period followed initial IPO lockup expiry (31M shares) in December 2016.

As of today’s market open, the 31M shares previously subject to blackout regulation have gone unlocked, making all 67M originally repressed shares available to be sold.

Twilio (NYSE:TWLO) today $31.96, -2.59% (volume 9.47M over 4.53M average).

14 Likes

Well the 30 million shares unlocked Friday with only a small dip. Today the stock is up over 9% on no other news that I could find. From what I can tell that was the last big catalyst the shorts had, so I see them covering their positions now. Volume is high 8.6 million shares today, average is 4.7 million. I think TWLO will do good for a few days while they cover.

2 Likes

Well the 30 million shares unlocked Friday with only a small dip. Today the stock is up over 9% on no other news that I could find. From what I can tell that was the last big catalyst the shorts had, so I see them covering their positions now. Volume is high 8.6 million shares today, average is 4.7 million. I think TWLO will do good for a few days while they cover.

Thanks for putting that together for me, Pigskin. That certainly must be what happened. The shorts must have been counting on a big drop from the unlocking to give them a chance to get out of their short positions. When the big drop didn’t happen, they are all trying to get out at once (otherwise known as a “short squeeze”, albeit of minor proportions so far).

And welcome to the board. I don’t think I’ve seen you before.

Saul

1 Like