UBNT

I track 13F filings for useful tidbits of information. Here’s one item:

Blackrock established a NEW position in UBNT, buying 1,965,976 shares at an avg. share price of $47.74 (as of 3/31/17). Me likes.

15 Likes

I wasn’t aware of that but its more confirmation of what I feel this stock is capable of in the near and long term. It’s one of my favorite stocks from a valuation perspective. It may take a little longer to grow share price than some of my others but I am very confident it will grow and beat the market easily. Listening to the most recent earnings call also solidified my holding strategy for this one.

MC

3 Likes

Blackrock established a NEW position in UBNT, buying 1,965,976 shares at an avg. share price of $47.74 (as of 3/31/17). Me likes.

Those would be accumulated between Jan and Mar 2017, correct?

I tell you what, if you like that, take a look at HDP, TTD, TWLO, PAYC, SQ and SPLK. Although with SHOP, strangely, more were sold than bought. (Not sure how that even works…who’s buying? A ton of individuals? Or smaller funds that don’t have to file 13F’s?)

I’m not sure when these were released, but it strikes me that by the time we’re looking at Q1, it’s ancient history. It’s the ides of May, so we’re already halfway through Q2. It would be a lot more interesting to know what institutions have done in the last week or two (since earnings have come out). Based on what some share prices have done, I’d imagine it’s more buying. I think this backs up the notion about the rotation into tech. The questions are:

1. Which came first, the chicken or egg? Are tech stocks desirable right now because institutions are rotating into them? Or are institutions rotating into them because they’re desirable based on the businesses’ success?

2. Are we looking at the right tech companies? Saul’s 30%+ gain this year vs the Nasdaq’s 14% gain would suggest that yes, we are.

Bear

3 Likes