Verizon network down for calls...

Today, this afternoon (PT) Verizon denied me the ability to make a phone call, to anyone, anywhere! Seems though, I’m not alone. Mrs PL confirmed this with a number of attempted calls, even to me! Nope, not happening! Getting a “Couldn’t Connect” error across the board. It’s been stated that texting has not been affected.

It seems the Verizon system has been compromised. Russia has been boasting, maybe they got thru this time… it also appears that many V customers have been affected, west of the Mississippi, in many states. I can only hope this is short lived…

ww.fyi.pl/

2 Likes

I just rang my landline with my mobile.

AC both landline and wireless are Verizon

3 Likes

But, did you “answer”? I can ring thru to Mrs PL, but when the other party picks up, it “Can’t Connect”.

Also, I suspect this is a “Left Coast” ONLY problem.

2 Likes

NorCal, never noticed an outage, had bars, couple spammers, but AFAIK, never lost VZ… Landline is at&t wired, the usual spammers…

1 Like

But, did you “answer”?

Yes.

AC felt kinda silly answering a call on my landline from my cell

3 Likes

OK, thanks for this feedback. Like I mentioned, I think it’s a left coast problem. Some reports from WA, CO, CA and TX.

https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/verizon-wireless-customers-…

3 Likes

OK, service is restored. The news said it was a broken fiber cable… whatever.

ww.hatesbeingreliantontech.pl

<>

3 Likes

Today, fiber links the world, and nobody has the backup satellite bandwidth to match it, in fact the sat dishes have mostly, if not all been decommissioned, I know our local one was a couple decades ago…

1 Like