What a great board and great discussions!

I’m struck by the recent discussions, with contributions by many members of the board that I am familiar with, but also by newcomers, who I have never noticed on the board before. And all trying to help each other in constructive ways, and avoiding angry arguments, agreeing to disagree when necessary. It’s one of the best places for the exchange of ideas about investing that I’ve ever seen. Thank you all so much for your contributions.

Saul

For Knowledgebase for this board,
please go to Post #17774, 17775 and 17776.
We had to post it in three parts this time.

A link to the Knowledgebase is also at the top of the Announcements column
that is on the right side of every page on this board

54 Likes

Saul,

I agree! This is my first post/reply, and I’ve really enjoyed reading everyone’s posts for the past few months. I’m a new investor and everyone has really been helpful. Keep it up!

Steve

2 Likes

And notice that it’s a time when I’ve posted very little! :slight_smile:

Saul,
I, and I’m sure most contributors, regular readers and even occasional lurkers are in your debt for having started this board and keeping it largely on track.

I’ve learned (after a couple of mistakes) to hold my political opinions in check when posting here, even when I think politics might enter into investment decisions. Those opinions, no matter how well intentioned just veer off track in a heartbeat and end up with heated debates without any resolution and certainly nothing of value with respect to investing.

If I have a complaint it’s that the activity on the board has come to a point where it’s impossible for me to keep up with every post. I simply don’t have the time to read every post. I find myself picking and choosing the threads I will read. I find myself bailing on a thread when it veers off track (the longer the thread, the more likely it is the ending discussion has little to do with the beginning).

But given the need to be more selective at the price of possibly missing something of considerable value, it’s a small price when compared to how much I’ve learned and profited from following this board. I can truthfully say, that this particular board receives more of my time devoted to studying investing and investments than any other single source.

Thank you.

11 Likes

I can truthfully say, that this particular board receives more of my time devoted to studying investing and investments than any other single source.

Thanks Brittlerock. Mine, too.

Saul