Will every Zoom user have CRWD on their device?

Will every device that uses Zoom have the CRWD agent installed for endpoint protection? If this is the case then the market hasn’t figured it out yet. All you technical people, please chime in. Muji?

Chris

6 Likes

Hi Chris -

This does not mean that every device that uses Zoom will have the Crowdstrike agent installed. What I would infer is that Zoom will use Crowdstrike as part of its infrastructure for the servers / devices owned by Zoom. Still a nice account for CRWD - I’m sure ZM has plenty of endpoints and would use some of the higher end features.

8 Likes

Will every device that uses Zoom have the CRWD agent installed for endpoint protection? If this is the case then the market hasn’t figured it out yet. All you technical people, please chime in. Muji?

Chris, I’m not a tech expert but I’d be careful about over-thinking it. Remember that, in addition to end point security, Crowdstrike is a cyber-security detective agency, and it could well have been hired for that function, in keeping Zoom clean, instead of for end-point security of all the 200 million Zoom users, which I think would be overkill.

Saul

9 Likes

Just had a text conversation with a CrowdStrike Sales Associate on the CRWD website about this question.

Me
My question is what is “threat intelligence services” from CrowdStrike?

CRWD Sales Associate
It’s the human element we combine with our technology to threat hunt world hackers.

Me
So it’s more consulting on individual assignments than purchasing Falcon or one of your other programs?

CRWD Sales Associate
It’s adding a profile to the hackers so customers are aware where their attacks are coming from. We have a special profile for each nation state groups.
for ex: Fancy Bear is a Russian cyber espionage group

Me
Thank you. Zoom’s press release today stated that Zoom is receiving threat intelligence services from CrowdStrike. So essentially Zoom will be able to track down and block the hackers from Zoom bombing Zoom

CRWD Sales Associate
That could be a case. I was not too aware of zoom receiving Threat Intel from us. But I know we have a partnership going on right now.

Hope this is helpful.
sjo

35 Likes

Just a quick correction for a reply up-thread here:

…the 200 million Zoom users…

They surpassed 300 million daily meeting participants, not users. It is an easy mistake to make ;)*

*The smiley-face here is because of all the unnecessarily sensational news headlines that happened recently because of this same simple mistake in a blog post and subsequent correction made by Zoom.